CHAPTER 19 - ANOTHER DAY W/ CHINEN MIYA

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

Ever since returning back to Okinawa, everyone in the gang seems happier than anything. 

Even I was to be honest. These past few days, I saw father stressed out about something.

"What's up, father? Something wrong?" I leaned against his door frame with his dinner in my hand. "It's just... Work." 

I entered his office and placed his dinner on the table. "May I take a look? I have my share of knowledge in politics." My father handed a file to me.

As I took a look at all these cases, I felt like something was off. 

"Hm. Something is wrong somewhere. These scenarios, if you can call them that, don't add up much." "That's what I'm saying." Father took off his glasses.

"Tomorrow, there will be an assembly about this." Father rubbed his forehead in stress before looking at me. 

"How about you take a day off and come with me?" I widened my eyes. "Father, but I'm not a politician anymore, is that even allowed?"

The man just smiled. "I'll ask first but I'm sure you can come along." "Alright then, I'll call the school and tell them about my absence." 

Father smiled at me. "Thank you, (F/N). This would be a lot of help for me." I smiled back. "It's not a problem."

The next day, I woke up like normal but this time, I won't be going to school. 

I got cleaned up and did my morning routine before pulling out a light gray blazer and skirt with a white blazer for me to wear to this assembly (or anything you would like).

I paired it with black heels and a black Birkin bag before I headed downstairs to eat breakfast with my father. 

He was wearing a dark gray suit compared to mine. "Twining!" I grinned at him. He smiled before we both sat down to eat.

Before heading to the building where the assembly was held, I told my father that I was going to get coffee at a nearby cafe before heading to the building. 

"Do you want anything, father?" "Yeah, can I get a double double?" I nodded before getting my car keys.

"Alright, I'll see you there!" On my way to the cafe, my eyes landed on a familiar boy in his sailor uniform. 

Checking the time, it was 8:20 and his school was kinda far from where we were. -He's not gonna make it to school in time.- I pulled up beside him.

"Miya, honey, would you like a ride to school? You're going to be late." The boy stopped and looked over at me. 

"Mom? I thought you're at work?" I smiled. "I have some family business I have to deal with. So, you want a ride?" "Yes, please!"

The drive to Miya's school, the boy told me what happened to him at school. "I'm sorry, I should have asked you what happened when you raced with Langa." 

I glanced at the boy. "It's fine, mom. I'm used to it."

I also found out that the boy was struggling in English. When I pulled up at his school, I parked the car and turned to him. 

"How about, after school, I pick you up and we can have a tutoring session?" Miya thought about it.

"But I have training." I smiled. "You can train with me. I have a mini skatepark in my backyard thanks to grandpa. You'll be home before dinner." 

Miya thought about it before smiling. "Alright." I smiled. "I'll see you after school then. Have a nice day at school, Miya."

The boy got out of the car and waved his hands. "Bye, mom!" Once he entered the school, I started the car and went to get the coffee before meeting with my father.