CHAPTER 24 - START

WORDS BETWEEN -  - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Walking into her classroom, (F/N) was greeted by her students. "Good morning, (F/N)-sensei!" She sent them all a smile. 

"Morning, everyone. You all seem to be in a good mood." Placing her bag down, the bell rang. "Well then, shall we start today's lesson?"

When it was lunch break, (F/N) was about to take a bite from her bento when her phone rang. "Hello? Father?" "(F/N), check the news." "Hm?" 

Using her laptop, (F/N) opened the news channel. "Takano-san has been arrested." "Hm. That's good." "It's thanks to you and Kamata-san."

(F/N) smiled. "It's not a problem, father." "Well, I'll let you continue with your break. I'll see you when I go home." "Alright. See you, father." 

(F/N) sighed as she threw her head back. "That's one problem solved. I have to deal with Reki and the tournament now."

Not only was Reki's mood starting to rub off on Langa, but her as well. "A drink at the bar doesn't sound that bad right now." (F/N) packed her lunch and placed it in her bag after losing her appetite.

When (F/N) arrived at 'S', the atmosphere was really pumped up. Today was the start of the actual tournament. 

"Yo! Mona!" Turning around, she was met with Joe's smiling face walking to her. "Joe." She smiled back. "You ready for today?" The man draped his arm around the woman's shoulders.

"Of course. I didn't leave for Tokyo just to relax." (F/N) smirked. "I'm ready to beat anyone's ass. Including yours." 

Joe looked at the female. "Well I look forward to that." The 2 had a stare off for a little before it was cut off by Langa.

"Joe! Mona Lisa! Have you seen Reki?" (F/N) was surprised. "Eh? Reki's here?" "Nope. Why? Did he come?" "I think so." 

Something in the woman felt glad that the redhead was here at 'S' tonight. "I see." "Did you talk to him or something, Joe?" "I met him at the ramen shop." "I see."

Just then, the lights turned off and then fireworks started blasting. "Hey, bitches and bros, and non-binary hoes!" 

Adam appeared, crazy as ever. "Starting now, we will determine who loves skating the most and is loved by the gods of skating!"

When the man clapped his hands, the screen behind him showed all those who had made it from the qualifiers. "Who would win!?" 

The crowd started cheering, shouting the names of who they think will win. "Gets you excited huh!?" Just then, a box appeared right beside Adam.

"Now then, let's get the show on the road!" Putting his hand into the box, Adam picked the 1st card. "The 1st challenger is..." He showed the card to the crowd. 

"Shadow!" "Hell yeah!" "Who's his opponent!?" "Hurry the hell up, Adam!"

"Shadow's opponent will be..." Adam pulled out another card. When he glanced at it, his smile twitched. "Mona... Lisa!" 

The said woman smirked. "Hmm, ok." "Damn! Who would win!?" "Definitely Shadow!" "Mona Lisa hasn't been skating anymore so Shadow has an advantage!"

(F/N) took Joe's arm off her shoulders. "Good luck, Mona." The said female turned to the man and winked. 

"You should be telling Shadow that, Joe. Wrong person to be worrying about." When she met Shadow at the starting line, (F/N) smiled.

"No hard feelings, yeah?" "Of course, Mona Lisa!" "Perfect!" When the sirens blared, the 2 were off. "Bye, Shadow!" 

(F/N) blew a kiss at the man before disappearing from his sight. "WOAH! SO FAST!" "FASTER THAN ADAM!"

Seeing a corner up ahead, the crowd started worrying for the woman as she seemed like she was speeding up rather than slowing down. 

"MONA LISA! SLOW DOWN!" "SHE'S GONNA CRASH!" "MONA LISA-SAMA!"

Miya and Langa were on the edge. "She's gonna get injured if she doesn't slow down!" "MOM! STOP!" 

Cherry and Joe just stared at the screen without much thought, they knew she was a crazy skater and had nothing to worry about. (F/N) was able to turn the corner without changing her speed.

"SHE'S INSANE!" "SHADOW IS GETTING DESTROYED!" The female started to slow down and waited for Shadow. 

"Damnit, Mona Lisa!" The said female turned around to look back as she swerved an incoming falling rock. "Hm? You got something to say?"

When Shadow got close enough to (F/N) he used his lazer and shone it into the female's eyes. 

(F/N), seeing that this was going to happen, quickly took out a pair of sunglasses from who knows where and wore them on.

"You gotta be better than that, Shadow!" Picking up the pace again, (F/N) made it to the abandoned factory first. 

Seeing that Shadow was behind her, she knew she had to either keep some distance between the two or change her route to the finish line.

(F/N) made a sharp turn to where she saw an opening in the railing. Without much thought, she skated right through there and held onto it for dear life. 

"ARE YOU CRAZY!?" "THE DROP FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM IS LARGE!"

Shadow, speeding up, glanced down at the falling woman. "She must have a death wish." Cherry, watching (F/N) dropping, knew something was off. 

"Carla, what is the estimated drop?" "5.52 meter drop." "This woman. She didn't calculate it properly. She's gonna land on the railing."

Joe's jaw dropped. "I know she's insane, but not this insane." Miya clutched onto Langa tightly. 

"I don't think I can watch this anymore." Adam, underneath his mask, felt his smirk widen. "My Eve, you're finally back."

Back to the falling woman, (F/N) quickly glanced down. "Oh shit. I'll have to land on the railing instead of the actual path." 

Quickly maneuvering in mid air, (F/N) landed her board horizontal on the railing. "HOLY SHIT! SHE MADE IT!" "MONA LISAAA!"

Shifting her center of gravity forward, the board started sliding towards the finish line. "OH NO YOU DON'T!" 

Throwing one of his bombs at (F/N), she quickly caught it without looking back and threw it back to the man with orange hair.

It quickly exploded in front of Shadow's face, getting rid of his ability to see forward. "OH COME ON!" 

With the final push, (F/N) crossed the finish line. "THAT'S MY MOM!" The crowd started cheering for the woman. Just then, she fell down which silenced the crowd.

"Mona... Lisa?" The said woman was fine but her skateboard? It snapped in half. (F/N), on the ground, stared at it before laughing. 

Her laughter echoed throughout the factory. "Oh man!" Her laughter was contagious as the entire crowd started laughing as well.

Joe and Cherry started chuckling. "Man, we were all worried for no reason." Cherry smiled. 

"She's too unserious at times." Shadow, finally passing the finish line, held his hand out for (F/N) who was still on the ground. "Good race."

The female smiled and grabbed onto his hand. "Yeah, good race, Shadow." The man helped the woman up as they returned back to where the rest were. 

"Now then, onto the next beef. This time, the next person is... Snow!" Langa was surprised.

"Ahhh! It gets me so excited! Who is his lucky opponent? Me? I hope it's me!" Picking up the next card, Adam showed it to the crowd with no enthusiasm as before. 

"Joe." The crowd started getting excited. Joe turned to the teen. "Good luck, Snow."

Squeezing her way to the front, (F/N) called out to the 2. "Snow! Joe! Good luck!" She sent them a smile. 

"Mona!" "Mom!" "The both of you, don't be too much of an idiot out there, okay?" 

Joe sent (F/N) a look. "I think we should be the ones to tell you that." (F/N) started to laugh. "Yeah, I guess so."