3

As Luna approached the hospital, the automatic doors slid open with a gentle whoosh, granting her entrance into the cool, sanitized interior. The familiar scent of antiseptic and the soft hum of machinery welcomed her as she made her way to the reception desk.

The reception area was well-lit, with a large panoramic window overlooking a serene garden, offering a hint of tranquility amidst the bustling medical environment. The polished marble floor reflected the light, creating a sense of brightness and cleanliness. A few patients sat patiently in the waiting area, some reading magazines, while others stared contemplatively at their phones.

Luna approached the receptionist, who smiled warmly and asked for her name and appointment time. After a quick check on the computer, the receptionist confirmed her appointment and directed her to the appropriate wing of the hospital. She followed the signs and found herself in a softly lit corridor lined with paintings depicting serene landscapes.

As she walked, her anticipation mingled with a slight nervousness, wondering what the doctor would say about her health concern. The echo of footsteps and the distant murmur of conversations added to the atmosphere of a place dedicated to healing.

Upon reaching the designated room, she knocked gently before entering. Doctor Aiden greeted her with a friendly smile and invited her to take a seat. The room was spacious, with a desk cluttered with medical documents and a few framed family photos. The doctor's white coat exuded an air of professionalism, reassuring her that she was in capable hands.

They engaged in a thoughtful discussion about her symptoms, medical history, and lifestyle, the doctor taking notes attentively. Empathetic and compassionate, the doctor made her feel heard and understood.

“Anyway, accept the chemotherapy as soon as possible. It gets increasingly dangerous the longer you delay it.” The doctor said as she looked down. “I.. I am scared bearing hardships. I don't think I can make it through. Please prescribe more medicine for me. I will consider it for a little longer.” She raised her head feeling nervous of what will be the result of it.

“Doctor Aiden, my nosebleeds are happening less frequently, but my fever are getting more intense.” She said earning a sigh from the doctor. “You are my patient. If you go through with the treatments, I will be right there with you. No big deal. We should all have hopes in our life shouldn't we?” The doctor replied. “I will think through it, Doc.” She smiles. “Alright, you can collect your medicines but before that I have something to give to you. Take this.” He said as he gave a small pot of orchid.

“Pick up a new hobby for example raising a flower when you are all by yourself it's kind of enjoyable.” He said, “Thank you, Doctor. I'm not really good at raising flowers especially this orchid you gave to me.” She replied. “Consider my advice and start your treatment as soon as possible. My flowers can be taken better care when you are cured.” The doctor explained and she smiles.

The room had a comforting ambiance, with soft instrumental music playing in the background, easing the tension she carried.

As she left the hospital, the sunlight bathed her in warmth, contrasting the clinical setting she had just experienced. She looked at the orchid the doctor gave and something resembles on her mind again. Those times where her husband gave a pot of her favorite flowers.

“I heard that you hated a lot of flowers and plants but only this that you never consider to be hated since you love this. So I bought this just for you. Hope you will like this flower and also like me.” He confessed.

The appointment had left her feeling hopeful and optimistic about her health journey ahead, knowing she had entrusted her well-being to capable hands.

“You haven't been home for twenty days. I missed you, Seb.