20

Luna sat in the living room of her cozy home, a pair of playful kittens tumbling over each other at her feet. Their soft purrs and light-hearted antics provided a brief distraction from the heavy thoughts that weighed on her mind. She reached for her phone, her fingers hovering over Aiden's number. She had called him earlier, wanting to treat him to a meal as a token of her gratitude, but there had been no response.

"Lately, Doctor Aiden's phone is either busy or he just not picking up the calls.. I wanted to treat him a meal." With a sigh, Luna assumed he was busy at the hospital. She tried to focus on the kittens again, but the lingering concern for Aiden gnawed at her. His cold demeanor from the morning replayed in her mind, making her worry that she had done something to upset him.

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Aiden stood on the balcony, his phone pressed to his ear. "Clark, are you busy now? Can you do me a favor?" Aiden asked and his brother's voice was steady on the other end of the line, "It's been a long time since you've asked me for a favor. Sure, how may I help you?" Clark asked on the other line.

"Help me investigate someone." Aiden straightly said. "Who?" Clark asked. "Sebastian Montgomery." giving a report on the investigation Aiden had requested. The subject was Luna's husband, Sebastian.

"You can't possibly be talking about the CEO we've just starting to work with. He is at his 30s something and pretty good looking." his brother said. "Sounds like him. His wife recently came to the hospital for physical check-up." Aiden said and he hears Clark chuckled on the other line. "There's still someone out there who dare to claim to be Sebastian's wife? If this guy hears about this, he will definitely laugh. You'll lose count with the amount of women he played around with."

Aiden's eyes widened in shock. Aiden's heart pounded as he ended the call, the realization hitting him like a freight train. Sebastian was playing with Luna's heart and trust. Anger surged through him, and he kicked the wall in frustration, "What happened to Doctor Aiden?" "Don't know. This is the first time seeing him this agitated." startling a passing nurse who had never seen him lose his composure before.

Night had fallen by the time Luna heard the front door open. She had been lying in bed, trying to sleep, when the sound startled her. Her heart raced as she recognized Sebastian's familiar footsteps. He entered their bedroom, looking every bit the charming man she had married, but to Luna, he now seemed like a stranger.

"You're back," she said, her voice flat and devoid of the warmth it once held.

Sebastian smiled, pulling her into his lap. "Why aren't you asleep yet?" He asked. "Just woke up. You didn't tell me that you've returned. You don't want me to pick you up?" She asked. "The flight was too late. I was afraid of disturbing you. Plus, the temperature is too low." He continued.

"Did you miss me? When I'm not around, did you play with the kittens every day?" He asked pulling her into his lap and Luna's expression gotten sadder when she still remembers the woman's voice on a call with him. "I didn't miss you," she replied coldly, her eyes reflecting the sadness she felt.

"That's fine. I missed you," Sebastian said, leaning in for a kiss. He gently laid her down on the sofa, his lips trailing to her neck. Luna's heart clenched with dread. "The needle marks on my arms would be seen." She thought, she knew he would see the needle marks from her treatment, and she wanted to hide them from him, to hide everything he had missed while he was gone.

"Turn off the lights, Seb," she whispered, her voice tinged with desperation.

Sebastian chuckled softly. "Be good. Let me look at you, we're already like old married couples. What's there to be embarassed about?"

"Turn off the lights.. Please.." she insisted, her tone icy. "Alright."

He sighed but complied, turning off the lights and plunging the room into darkness. As he continued his advances, Luna lay there, feeling a cold detachment wash over her. She closed her eyes, trying to block out the reality of the man she once loved now feeling like a stranger in the dark.