9

When Sebastian approached the door becoming hesitant to see what lay beyond. As he slowly turned the doorknob, the creaking sound echoed through the tense air.

There, just outside their door, sat his wife, her shoulders slumped, and her face tear-streaked, illuminated by the soft glow of the hallway light.

He remembered the bitter argument that led to this moment, the angry words that spilled from his lips, pushing her away. Her eyes, usually full of warmth and love, were now filled with hurt and confusion.

“If you're not coming in then continue to stay outside.” He coldly said.

Without saying a word, Luna stood up not even taking a glance at her husband. Sebastian caught off guard seeing blood stains on her clothes. “Luna.” He called. “What is it again? I don't have energy to argue with you again, Seb. I'm tired.” She said still not facing him.

“What were you doing outside the door? Why are their blood stains on your clothes?” He asked. “My nose was bleeding.” She replied. “Why didn't you knock? Did you really think that I wouldn't let you into the house?” He asked getting a no response from her.

“You are losing so much weight, Luna.” He watches her skinny body standing in front of him but she can't even faced him remembering of what he did. “I'm going to get rest, I'm tired.” She replied.

As the sun began to cast its warm morning glow through the curtains, Luna slowly stirred awake, her eyes blinking open to a new day. She turned her head gently to the side, only to find Sebastian sound asleep, his chest rising and falling rhythmically with each breath. A soft smile crept onto her face as she observed the peaceful sight.

“I will be gone soon, so why won't you treat me better..?” she whispered, her voice barely audible as if not to disturb her husband's slumber. “Don't you know you are about to lose me?”

Her husband, still half in a dream, mumbled a faint response, his words barely intelligible. She chuckled softly at his drowsy attempt to communicate.

~

"I had the most terrifying dream last night," Sebastian said sitting at the counter eager to share her nighttime thoughts with her. “I dreamed that you left me.” He said.

“Where did I go to?” She chuckled. “I don't know. But you are not able to go anywhere else.” He continued earning a light chuckle from her signalling that all of that is okay because in the end it will gonna came true.