15

As the first light of dawn filtered through the curtains, Sebastian stirred from his slumber, feeling a warmth enveloping him. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, he slowly opened his eyes, greeted by the sight of their cozy room.

With a contented sigh, he shifted and sat up, stretching his arms above his head before slipping out of bed. Padding softly across the room, Sebastian made his way to the living room, drawn by the faint glow of lamplight. There, he found Luna, nestled into the corner of the couch, engrossed in a book, her delicate features illuminated by the soft glow.

"Morning, what are you reading?" Sebastian greeted, his voice still thick with sleep as he settled onto the couch beside her.

Luna looked up, her eyes sparkling with warmth "A novel." Luna held up the book, a smile playing at the corners of her lips.

Sebastian nodded, leaning in to peer at the cover before his gaze flickered to the clock on the wall. "I'm leaving for a business trip tomorrow. It'll take about a half a month before I come back."

Luna's smile faltered slightly, but she nodded, understanding. "Are you going alone?" She asked without taking a glimpse of him beside her. "I'm going with a couple of important people as well as my assistant." He said.

"Don't bully that boy too much. Ryan has already had too much on his hands. But you still bring along for the business trip." She said with a chuckle. "It's not Ryan. There's a new assistant who graduated from academy of art. I'm bringing her to get herself familiarized with the rookie designer from France."

"A woman? Do I know her?" She looked at him with a disgust. "She's a newcomer you don't know her and it's not important at all, right? Especially a simple woman like Samantha who's just graduated."

"Samantha Williams."

"I'll help you pack," she offered, setting aside her book as she rose from the couch.

Together, they made their way to the bedroom, where Sebastian began gathering his belongings while Luna folded clothes and neatly arranged them in his suitcase. As she reached for a shirt tucked away in the closet, her gaze fell upon something unexpected. As she knelt down beside the suitcase.

Following her gaze, Sebastian's eyes widened in surprise as he spotted a trio of tiny kittens nestled amidst the folds of clothing, their playful antics bringing a smile to his face.

~

As Luna reached for Sebastian's scarf, a playful glint danced in her eyes, a mischievous smile tugging at her lips. "Can't have you catching a cold on your trip," she teased, gently wrapping the scarf around his neck and tucking it snugly beneath his coat.

Sebastian chuckled, leaning down to press a lingering kiss to her forehead. "Thanks." he murmured, his heart swelling with affection as he gazed down at her. But as he straightened up, a flicker of concern crossed his features, his gaze lingering on Luna's slender frame.

"Are you sure you'll be alright while I'm gone?" he asked softly, his voice tinged with worry. "You should eat more. You've lost a lot of weight. I'll accompany you for a check up when I'm free."

Luna's smile faltered slightly, a shadow passing over her features before she quickly masked it with a bright grin. "I'm fine, Seb." she reassured him, her voice steady despite the turmoil swirling within her. "Just been busy lately, that's all."

But Sebastian wasn't convinced, his brow furrowing with concern as he reached out to gently cup her cheek, his touch tender and reassuring. "Promise me you'll take care of yourself while I'm away," he implored, his gaze searching hers for any sign of hesitation.

Luna's resolve wavered for a moment before she nodded, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears as she leaned into his touch, seeking solace in his embrace. "I promise," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper as she pressed a kiss to his palm.

And as they stood there, locked in a tender embrace, Sebastian silently vowed to return to her as soon as he could, to chase away the shadows that threatened to engulf her and to fill their lives with light and love once more.