11

In a quaint park nestled amidst the autumn leaves, the air was crisp and fragrant with the scent of fallen leaves and distant bonfires. Luna sat on a weathered bench, her gaze fixed on the vibrant colors of the trees.

Her thoughts drifted back to a memory that had once been sweet but now carried a tinge of melancholy. She remembered the day they had bought matching rings, their laughter harmonizing with the joyful tinkling of a nearby fountain.

The memory filled her heart with warmth, but as she glanced at her own ring finger, adorned only with a trace of sunlight, she sighed softly. The ring had been lost long ago, and the sentimental value it once held had faded.

Just as her mind wandered, a familiar voice pierced the air. “Luna.”

Her head turned, and there he stood—Sebastian. She rose from her seat, their living room's ambiance enveloping each of their cold presence on each other. Luna's heart was nothing felt on Sebastian as he approached, his presence was nothing to her in the moment.

“I'll go to the office now.” he greeted, his voice carrying an undercurrent of emptiness to her now. “Hold on a minute.”

With a sweet smile, Luna unwound a scarf from around his neck. The fabric, soft and comforting, fluttered in the breeze. She draped it over Sebastian's shoulders, her touch gentle yet deliberate.

“I heard the weather's going to get colder. You better stay warm. Don't be silly. I know you're not afraid of the cold but it's not good for the body to be blown by the cold winds.” She teased.

Sebastian grin mirrored her sentiment. “Always looking out for me, huh?”

“Someone has to,” She replied playfully. Her eyes went wide when Sebastian immediately kissed her on the cheeks. “Once I'm done with work, I'll be back early.” He said and she nodded.

When he leaves, Luna sat on the sofa taking out her phone from her pocket beginning to call someone. “Doctor Aiden, is now a convenient time?” She asked.

“You can come over, Luna. I'm on duty today. I have a surgery this afternoon so it would be better to come earlier.” He said on the other line. “Got it, sorry to trouble you.”

“Be sure to dress warmly, there's a drop in the temperature today.” He said. “I understand, thanks.” She said as smile forms on her lips.