4

In a dimly lit living room, Luna lay peacefully on a worn-out sofa, her delicate frame adorned in a simple nightgown. The room was suffused with a sense of stillness, broken only by the faint sounds of the world outside.

As the soft glow of the streetlights filtered through the curtains, the door creaked open, revealing a disheveled figure standing in the threshold.

Sebastian stepped inside, his face contorted with disbelief and exhaustion. It had been several days since he hadn't been home, and his absence had taken its toll on the woman. His eyes widened as he turned on the lights, revealing her fragile appearance. “What the... you scared the shit out of me!” He screamed at her. “Sorry.” She looked down.

“You didn't even call me for several days. Have you gone skinnier? Can't you take care of yourself? Don't you feel disgusted when you look in the mirror?” Her husband looked at her in disbelief.

A mixture of emotions washed over him, and a sense of disappointment and guilt swelled within him as he saw his wife, who had been neglected in his absence. She got up from the sofa, her eyes downcast, feeling the weight of his judgment upon her. Without a word, she retreated to their bedroom, seeking solace in the quiet familiarity of their shared space.

Strange.” Sebastian thought.

As they lay side by side on the bed, he reached out to her, yearning for a connection that had been strained by his prolonged absence. “I don't feel like doing it, Seb.” Her low voice echoed in their room. “I've been gone for so long. Don't you miss me at all?” He angrily said. “Let's just sleep. I don't have an energy to argue with you.” She couldn't muster the same desire, feeling emotionally distant and disconnected. She turned away, her heart heavy with unspoken words and unmet needs. “How much weight did you lose?” He asked. “I don't know ever since now I ate less.”

In that moment, their relationship felt like a fragile thread, frayed and worn from the distance that had grown between them. Their bodies may have been close, but the emotional chasm seemed insurmountable.

They both felt the weight of the choices made and the time lost, wondering if they could ever bridge the gap that now seemed to divide them.