10

In a softly lit living room, the sun's warm hues filtered through the curtains, casting gentle shadows across the furniture. Luna was sitting on the sofa waiting for Doctor Aiden's text.

Dr. Aiden: Your medicine is still in my car. Should I drop by after work to your area to pass it over to you?

Luna: No need, I'll pick it up myself tomorrow.

Dr. Aiden: I called you several times but nobody picked up. Is it convenient for you to speak on the phone now?

Luna: I'll be dropping tomorrow. If there's anything. We'll talk about it then.

~

Meanwhile, Sebastian reclined on the couch with his phone on the coffee table. As he glanced at his phone, he noticed a missed call from an unsaved number, his heart quickening slightly.

Across the room, Luna lay sleeping on the sofa, her chest rising and falling rhythmically. Unbeknownst to her, Sebastian's phone had emitted a faint buzz earlier, the missed call from his mistress sending ripples of uncertainty through the room.

Later, as they prepared breakfast in the cozy kitchen, the clinking of utensils and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air. Sebastian absentmindedly stirred his cup, his thoughts faraway. Luna's gaze wandered to his hand, the glint of light on his ring finger missing. Her eyes widened in realization, and she cleared her throat gently.

"Seb." she began tentatively, her voice a mix of curiosity and concern, "Where's your wedding ring?"

Sebastian heart skipped a beat as he looked down at his empty finger, his mind racing. He cleared his throat nervously, trying to find the right words, "Oh, my ring..? Where is it? I guess I forgot where I put it.”

“Don't tell me I lost it during the first time with my mistress?” He thought.

Little did she know the truth, that the ring lay on the nightstand beside his mistress's bed, a tangible connection to his secret life that he couldn't bring himself to reveal.

Luna nodded, a small smile forming as she accepted his explanation. “It's fine. it's not something valuable anyways. If it's gone, it's gone.”

“Just like how you toss me aside.”

“I must have forgotten it somewhere. There's no way I would lose it. Why don't we get a new pair when we are free?” He smiled. “You continue preparing the food, I'll go take the laundry. If there's anything you need just call me.” She said and left completely ignoring his question.

As the morning light spilled into the room, casting a warm glow on the scene, the weight of deception hung heavy, the unspoken secrets threading through their interactions like a fragile web.