18

Luna awoke to the soft, unfamiliar scent of lavender and eucalyptus. Her eyes fluttered open, and she realized she was not in her own bed, but in a room bathed in the gentle morning light. The furnishings were elegant yet cozy, clearly someone's cherished space. Confusion clouded her mind until the events of the previous night came rushing back.

She remembered calling Sebastian, the heart-wrenching revelation of his betrayal, and Aiden's voice on the other end of the line. Aiden had come for her, had carried her here. She felt a pang of guilt for the trouble she had caused him. "Ah, I troubled the doctor again."

Luna sat up slowly, feeling a bit stronger than before. As she did, she heard a soft rustling at the door. A golden retriever poked its head through the crack, its eyes full of curiosity and warmth.

"Max, no!" Aiden's voice called from somewhere in the house. "Stay out of there."

Luna couldn't help but chuckle at the scene. The dog wagged its tail, clearly undeterred by its owner's command.

Aiden appeared in the doorway, carrying a bowl of steaming porridge. His stern expression melted into one of relief and warmth when he saw her awake and smiling. "You woke up," he said, stepping into the room.

"He won't bite. He just looks big.. don't be afraid. Max trotted over to Luna, and she reached out to pet him, her fingers sinking into his soft fur. "Don't worry, I really like animals." The dog nuzzled her hand affectionately, making her smile widen.

Aiden sat on the edge of the bed, handing her the bowl of porridge. "That's good. I boiled this porridge for the whole morning. Try some. It's just plain porridge, but it should help settle your stomach."

Luna accepted the bowl gratefully. "Doctor Aiden, sorry for troubling you like this."

"What's with this talk about troubling this and that. We're friends now. Skip the politeness. And also, the way you address me should change. It feels a little bit weird. Just call me Aiden." Aiden said firmly, his eyes locking with hers. "Okay." She smiled.

"Stay over for the night. When I send you back tomorrow, we can drop by at the hospital to collect your medicine." Aiden said. "I still have kittens waiting for me to feed them at home." She said. "Oh.. it would be terrible if your fever returns when you're back home. Forget about them and rest for a bit. I'll get someone to help you feed them."

"I think that's.." "Hurry up and eat. Otherwise, it'll turn cold.. are you waiting for me to feed you?" He smiles. "Ah, I'm not." She awkwardly smiled.

When the bowl was empty, Aiden took it from her and set it aside. He lay down beside her on the bed, facing her with his back. "You.." Luna got interrupted when Aiden said. "My house doesn't have a guest room. It got turned into a gym. The bed is cozy." He said, already thinks that she will asked about it. "Ah okay.." She replies not noticing beside her that Aiden was blushing.