16

Luna sat in the sterile, white hospital room, the faint hum of machines her only company. She was a picture of quiet resilience, her face pale but composed, the shadow of fatigue under her eyes betraying the struggle within. Her hands trembled slightly as she adjusted the IV line attached to her arm, wincing as the needle tugged at her skin. She exhaled slowly, accepting the sharp sting as part of her reality, a necessary discomfort for the therapy she needed.

Outside the room, Dr. Aiden stood, his eyes fixed on Luna through the small glass window in the door. His heart ached at the sight of her battling the treatment alone, his fingers clenching into fists at his sides. He was a man of science, trained to detach, but Luna's pain was a wound he felt deeply. He wanted nothing more than to rush in and ease her burden, but he knew she needed this moment to herself, to face her fight with her own strength.

Minutes stretched into an hour, and finally, the beeping of the machines signaled the end of Luna's treatment. Dr. Aiden took a deep breath, composed himself, and entered the room. Luna's eyes flickered to him, and despite her exhaustion, she managed a small, grateful smile.

"Let's get you to bed. Take a nap. I'll go check on some patients." he said gently, his voice a soothing balm to her weary spirit. He helped her stand, his hands firm but tender as they guided her to the bed. Luna sank into the mattress, her body sinking into the soft support, relief washing over her.

As night fell, the hospital grew quieter, the rhythmic beeping of machines blending with the muted footsteps of the night shift staff. Luna stirred, her eyes fluttering open to see Dr. Aiden sitting beside her, his features softened in the dim light. He noticed her movement and smiled, the lines of worry on his face easing slightly. "You're awake." Aiden said. "Sorry for troublinb you." Luna stood up as she felt some embarassment.

"You're still regarding me as an outsider, huh? I asked my friend to bring some medical food. Eat some before you go home." he said, his tone gentle but insistent.

"You don't have to do that." Luna hesitated. "Have a taste. It'll cold soon.. I haven't eaten as well. Let's eat together." Aiden said as he preparing the food for them to eat together. "But-" Luna got interrupted when Aiden said, "There's nobody at my house. I just wanted to find someone to have a meal with. I don't want to put you in a difficult situation."

"Not at all. Doctor Aiden, you're a good person. I just feel overwhelmed... Thank you for the meal." She smiled. "About your illness... Is he aware of it?" Aiden asked out of curiousity referring to Luna's husband. "I don't want to let him know." Luna said as she take a sip of the hot coffee.

After they finished, Aiden insisted on giving her a ride home. Luna shook her head, a gentle but firm refusal. "Doctor Aiden..." she said softly, her voice steady but laced with admiration. "Alright, be a good girl. I'm just sending you back home. It's not like I'll bite you." He chuckled.

"Every woman wishes to marry a doctor. Yet I can't see what's good about them. Are all doctors so pushy like you?" She looked at him, her eyes filled with a mixture of gratitude and confusion. "I know this method is well liked by guys." He smirked and look at Luna that was in shock. "I'm joking."

"Why are you doing all this for me?" She asked in confusion. Aiden paused, searching for the right words. "Because you deserve to be cared for," he said finally. "You're strong, Luna, but even the strongest need support sometimes."

Luna's eyes softened, a small smile playing at her lips. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice barely audible. She watched him for a moment longer, her heart swelling with a mix of emotions she couldn't quite name.

As she walked away, Luna couldn't help but glance back, watching Aiden standing there beside his car waiting for her to go for him, his figure framed by the soft glow of the hospital lights. She knew she had a long journey ahead, but for the first time in a while, she felt a flicker of hope, fueled by the unexpected kindness of a doctor who cared just a little too much. "Doctor Aiden is a little weird today."