14

In a softly lit corridor of the medical facility, Aiden's footsteps echoed as he walked briskly toward his patient's room. As he turned the corner, he spotted Luna just stepping out of the room, her chest heaving as she struggled for breath. Concern etched across his face, he quickly closed the gap between them, gently placing a hand on her arm and asking, “Luna, are you alright?”

Luna looked up at Aiden, her eyes wide with a mixture of anxiety and relief. She nodded weakly, her breaths slowly steadying. “Doctor Aiden, you never told me that chemotherapy would hurt so much like this...” Grateful for his presence, she managed a faint smile. “It will be okay, everything will be fine... You've endured it and that's really good. I'm here for you.” Aiden said as he reassured her with a deep concern on his face. “I'm really in a lot if pain, the pain keeps going... What should I do if I can't endure it anymore...” Her faint voice echoed.

“Why does my heart suddenly ache so much...” He thought.

“Let's go to my office to rest for awhile first.” He said while walking toward his office just a few steps away.

Inside Aiden's cozy office, Luna eased herself onto the examination bed, “Doctor, I'm a little cold.” She whispered at him. “Ah I don't have a blanket here.” He scratches his head but he remembers something where he gets one of his coat laying on his personal chair. “I can only use this coat as a  blanket for now.

Aiden stood by her side, his concern palpable as he checked her vital signs and asked gentle questions about her well-being. “Your body's condition is not great, you should consider being hospitalized. You won't be able to hide your illness, you should tell your loved ones at least. Trying to endure it on your own is too suffering.”

“I'm not going to stay at the hospital. I'll see how long I can endure it and that would be that.” Luna breath gradually normalized as she tells him – the sensation of her heart racing, the dizziness that had overcome her, and the fear that had driven her to leave the room. Aiden istened attentively, his empathetic demeanor encouraging her to share her feelings.

Their conversation flowed, a mixture of medical analysis and compassionate understanding. Aiden's calm and reassuring words helped the patient feel understood and cared for, allowing her to open up about her worries and anxieties. He offered insights into her condition, explaining potential triggers and outlining a plan to manage her symptoms moving forward.

After their talk, Luna left Aiden's office with a newfound sense of clarity and relief. She walked through the corridor, her steps more confident than when she had arrived. Aiden's guidance had given her the tools to better understand her health and the confidence to face her challenges head-on

“Doctor Aiden, I've troubled you today.” She said. “I'll call you again when it's time for the next chemotherapy appointment. Also... your body might not be able to withstand it, so you should stop your nightly activities for now.”

Arriving home, Luna found Sebastian sitting on the couch, a faint scent of alcohol lingering in the air around him. “There's a strong alcohol smell.” She thought with a mixture of concern and disappointment filled her as she quietly observed him.

With a sigh, Sebastian stood up. Sensing the tension in the room, he walked over to her, his eyes softening as he reached out to gently hold her hand. In that moment, their bond felt both fragile and unbreakable.

As the evening unfolded, their emotions took them on a journey. Luna's mind wrestled with conflicting emotions - the love and intimacy she shared with Sebastian and Aiden's caution about unhealthy habits. She found herself longing for the closeness they had shared before, yet Aiden's words echoed in her mind.

As the night deepened, Luna and Sebastian found solace in each other's arms. Their affection was undeniable, the connection between them electric. But as their bodies intertwined, a flicker of hesitation crossed Luna's thoughts. She remembered Aiden's words about the impact of certain routines on her health.

In the midst of their intimate moment, Luna's mind cleared, and tears welled up on her eyes.

“Didn't you say that in this lifetime, I'm the only person you will ever need?”