Chapter 10

(Ve'Quell)

"What?" I turned to face Kalifa, knowing that she would try to dodge the conversation.

"James isn't my real father. Can I go to sleep now?" I could tell that she was tired and honestly so was I.

"Ok." I kissed her forehead then her lips. "Goodnight."

When I woke up the next morning, my body was very sore. I could smell eggs and burned bacon being cooked down stairs. Kalifa is not the best at breakfast sometimes but after all that we've been through, I've learned to love it.

I went to brush my teeth and examined the bruises on my face, neck and arms. Not the best way to wake up. As I slowly crept down the stairs, Fluffy was nibbling at my toes. I picked him up and scratched his head.

"Man, you smell so bad. We've got to hit you with some water today." I smiled as he barked and licked my face. That is where I draw the line, I love my dog but I don't play that so I quickly put him on the floor.

"Good morning Q. How are you feeling?" Kalifa asked while greeting me with a kiss.

"Well I feel a lot better now. How are you?" I poured us each a glass of orange juice.

"Great!" I started to ask something else but she cut me off. "No Q, I'm not mad at you." She cut her eyes at me and handed me my plate. As I expected, burned bacon, eggs and toast.

"Good, I thought I was going to have start sucking toes." We both laughed and the mood quickly changed.

"That will never happen Q. Don't you ever even think about it."

"I won't, I don't like corn flakes anyway." I joked, honestly Kalifa has beautiful feet. She playfully hit me and we continued our laughter. "I missed that beautiful smile of yours."

"Keep acting like this and you will see it more often." She cleaned her plate off and gave Fluffy his food.

"More like every day for the rest of my life." I said in all seriousness.

"Maybe." She kissed my neck. "Now shower, you stink. I'll meet you there I have an important meeting today."

"With who?" I asked while cleaning my plate off.

"In due time Q, I will tell you everything. Now go you're funky." She smiled and I grabbed her in a loose headlock under my armpit. She screamed in laughter.

"Hurry up my baby, we don't have long." I yelled skipping up the stairs.

(Kalifa)

Something was very different this morning, Q and I were on a different level. I'm already liking this space. Today I meet with Kalvin, it's time to get the truth.

"Sweetie, you ready? I can drop you off." I looked at Q's outfit and I can say I enjoyed the view. He had on a white crispy button up, black Levi's and all black Levi shoes.

"Yes, let's go. You look beautiful by the way. You know I love this." He grabbed my hair tightly pulling my head back. "Ok, let's go before we don't make it." He smiled in my hair and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you." I had on black leggings, with a white high-low button up and black platform boots with a chunky heel and front laces. Of course my hair was in it's natural state, curly, wild and big. "You look good as well."

During the ride, Ve'Quell seemed so much more relaxed and happy. Seeing him like this gave me hope. He kissed the back of my hand about a hundred times. Caressed my legs the whole ride to his school.

"See you later baby, I get out of practice at 5. Let's go out tonight, ok?" He asked.

"Absolutely, I'll be back by 5. Love you." He kissed me deeply.

"I love you way much more." With that, he closed the door and now I was heading to reality...

-I know, short, kind of boring but I didn't want to let you guys down any longer

-Yes, a very "lovey-dovey" chapter (I need all that I can get )

-I promise when I get through this, I will have a banger for the next chapter.

-Please be patient with me.

KarmaJane❤