Chapter 17

*There's a little explicit language*

(Kalifa)

Two months later

"Nice to finally see you again Kalifa. I started to think I'd done something wrong." Kalvin smiled. I finally decided to meet with him and the family again.

"No, I've just been going through a lot. How has everyone been?" I sat at the dinner table at Kalvin's home. I didn't care too much about anyone at this point, right now I had my eyes set on the roast and cornbread.

"Well, we're just glad that you're here love." Asandra smiled. "Let's say grace and dig in, I know we're not the only ones hungry." She winked at me, knowing that I'm eating for two now.

"So what's been going on with you Kalifa? Anything new sis?" Kalvin Jr asked. Kaleena rolled her eyes and cleared her throat. I honestly don't know what her problem is or why she even has one.

"Uh, yep. Ve'Quell and I are expecting, I'm five months now." I wasn't excited breaking the news to them, but they'd know by now. I am on my third plate.

"What?" Kalvin looked shocked. "I'm going to be a grandpa?" He smiled way too hard.

"Man, I'm gone be the flyest uncle out here." Kalvin Jr laughed. "Am I going to have a nephew?"

"I'm not sure yet, I'll find out within the next two weeks." I could feel Kaleena staring a whole in my neck.

"Are you sure Ve'Quell is the daddy? I mean, it could be possible that James is too." Kaleena's words burned like fire. I can't believe she just said that. How does she know about James anyway?

"Kaleena, have you lost your mind?" Kalvin yelled. "What is wrong with you? Ever since she's came into our lives, you have been so different. What is it?"

"Just because you claim she's your daughter, doesn't mean I want her in my life! She could die tomorrow for all I care, I hate her!" She screamed, pointing at me. Like I was the dirtiest creature she's ever seen in her life.

Maybe she sees the scars that I thought I left behind,

I thought I could hide from my past, but it seems to keep finding me,

The pain is so deep, it's hindering my life now, I could be doing so much

But I'm still stuck...

I can't let go, I can't forget, I don't know how I'm going to shake this shit

*SMACK!*

The sound was so close, I didn't realize what happened until I saw Kaleena's hand on her cheek.

"Now, that is enough. You will never again in your life disrespect your father, me or ANY of your siblings!" Asandra spoke. "You're done, go somewhere, I don't want to see your face anymore." Kaleena cried while leaving the table.

There was an awkward silence. Instead of a grey elephant, there was a big, bright red elephant sitting on the dinner table. I realized, that it was me. I'm the big awkward space, I've always been and always will be.

"Kalifa, I'm so sorry for that. I don't know what the hell she has going on, but I will not ever let that happen again. We love you, I love you as if I birthed you myself." Asandra nearly cried.

"She's right, I don't belong here. I never will belong." I excused myself from the table, with my plate in hand.

"Kalifa." Kalvin called out for me, but I continued on.

_______________________________________

-Keep the comments and votes coming! I love you guys!

-Any suggestions or questions or anything you want to talk about, just hit me up in the inbox! (On here, or any of my social sites)

-As always Vote, Comment, Share LIKE EACH CHAPTER PLEASE!

-KarmaJane♡