Chapter 17

I crossed my arms across my chest and he held up his arms in defense.

"And before you get mad at me just hear me out please" he said.

I shred and put my head down into my hands.

"Go ahead" I said.

"Okay. So yesterday when Gabriel was in the shower I noticed he has some bruises on his shoulders and back" he said.

Lyla looked at me with her cheeks puffy as she tried not to laugh.

"That's not from me!" I said nervously.

They both laughed and I threw one of my pillows at Kason.

"I know I know. Well at the time I didn't. So when I saw that I didn't think anything much of it. Until he walked out of the bathroom with them all bloody. When I saw that I made a joke about you and him and he tensed up. He said it's not from you but then quickly made up some story about him working really hard at his new job and things not going as well as he had hoped" he said.

"Um...okay? That's weird. He works at th grocery store. There's no need for him to have anything like that on him working as a cashier" I said angrily.

Kason held up his hand and continued.

"That's what I thought too. But then after that he said he was going to work. I said okay and I let him go,but I also followed him. He didn't go to a grocery store,he went to an old and abandoned house that looked like nobody had been there for decades" he said.

I sighed and layed back on my bed and starred up at the ceiling.

"The one time I think things can actually go right for me for once" I said.

Lyla patted my stomach and I sat up.

"Don't think like that. I'm sure he has a good expiation for all of this" she said.

Kason gave her a weird look and stood up.

"What reason could be possibly have for any of this? We've been through a lot already and I'm not going to sit here and act like it's okay. I'm not going to just sit around and wait for him too to do something to our family and then we do something back. Nah. I'm tired of that. I'm going to figure it out now with your help or not. I'm not going through that again and I won't let y'all do it either" he said.

"Wow. Look at you all grown up" I said.

He threw my pillow back at me and we all laughed.

There was another knock on my door and I did the same as before,wash my face,keep water on it,turn the faucet off and walk over to open the door.

I paused for a second then threw my arms around him.

"Hey babe. How was your sleep?" Gabriel asked.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he smiled.

"It was great. How about you my love?" I said.

He nodded and I moved over for him to walk inside my room.

"Me too. Hey Kason there you are,I've been looking for you all morning" he said.

Kason smiled and stood up as if nothing was wrong.

"Yeah sorry. I wanted to ask them for advice on this girl I really like. Nothing too serious right now but I just wanted to know their opinions on my situation" he said.

Wow.

It's crazy how good of a liar he is.

But is that a good thing?

And..if he lied so quickly like that..what else could be be lying about?.

I shook off my thoughts as Kason left the room and Lyla followed him.

I guess I missed what was said and Gabriel turned to me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"You know I love you right?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"Of course I do. And you know I love you right?" I said.

He laughed slightly and kissed my cheek.

"Yes. Yes I do. But I have to tell you something really important" he said.

He pulled away and we both sat on the edge of my bed.

He sighed and I looked at him worriedly.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" I asked.

He took my left hand and held it on his lap.

"Please don't be mad at me. Promise me you don't get mad" he said.

"I don't get mad,you know that. I get angry. But what is this about?" I said.

He shook his head and brushed some hair out of my face.

"Promise me. Before I say anything. Promise me you won't get angry. This isn't my fault entirely,what happened after I will admit was caused by my reaction but I didn't start it" he said.

"Okay I promise. But what is it?" I asked impatiently.

He sighed again and rubbed his face with his left hand.

"I got fired from my job" he said.

I looked at him confused.

"This guy came in last week and wanted to buy something that we didn't have anymore. A drink. A alcoholic drink. I told him it was sold out and that I'd get back with him once we got it back in stock and he just made a huge issue out of it. Long story short,he attacked me and I fought back. My boss said I was wrong,still not sure how I was but I just let it go and he fired me on the spot" he said.

I noticed then my mouth was slightly open from shock and I quickly closed it.

"But...why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you. That's wrong and he knows it. I'm going to go down there today and-"

"No no no. Don't do that. That's only going to make things worse for us all. I love you babe and thank you for trying to help me. But I need to do this on my own. I've been trying to find a new job and I have some applications for places I've been looking at. I got this" he said.

He kissed my forehead and stood up.

"I'm going out now to an interview. I'll be back as soon as I'm done and I'll let you know how it went. Okay?" He said.

I nodded and stood up.

We gave eachother one last hug and kiss before he left.

Now I need to find out if that's true or not.