Chapter 28

We stormed into the house and ran upstairs.

"Dad!!! We need to talk to you!!" Lyla yelled angrily.

"Lyla try to stay calm okay? We can't let this get out of hand. Just handle it in the best way possible okay?" I said.

She hesitated for a bit then nodded.

Dad and mom came from their room looking worried and Lyla threw the folder onto the floor.

"What is that?" Dad asked.

"Arranged marriages!? Really dad!?" She yelled.

Mom looked at him confused then quickly picked up the folder and opened it.

"No-honey don't do that-"

He tried to take the folder from her but she smacked his hands hard.

"Don't. Touch me" she said.

She looked over the pages and her face filled with anger.

"So this is what you want to do to our daughters? Are you serious?" Mom said.

Dad brushed the hair out of his face and looked at us.

"Where did you get this?" He asked.

"That's not the question you should be asking right now!" Mom yelled.

They were all arguing now and I couldn't deal with more of this right now.

I started to feel dizzy so I sat on the floor.

"Can we just have one year of peace. Just one" I said.

They all stopped and looked at me.

"Dad. I don't know why you would do this but it's not right. This whole thing isn't just about you or Gabriel's dad. This is about your only two daughters whole lives possibly being ruined forever. For what? What was the purpose of you doing this to us?" I said.

"I never meant to hurt you. I was in a really bad spot and I needed to get out quickly. A friend of mine recommended me to Gabriel's father and we became good friends. After that,he told me about a deal that could make me a lot of money. At first I didn't want to do it but when I heard how much it was I decided to go through with it. We all needed things and I had to make sure I had enough to take care of you all" he said.

I shook my head and stood up.

"You didn't have to put us in this situation to make money dad! There are other ways,BETTER ways of taking care of the family you wanted that aren't going to put your kids in harms way" Lyla said.

"Okay you know what, I can't. I'm done. I'm going to pack my things and move. Lyla you can come with me if you want to but I'm not staying in this house anymore" I said.

They all looked at me shocked and I walked away to my room to pack.

"Wait. Camilla are you really leaving? Why do you need to leave?" Lyla asked.

I turned around and was about to give her a piece of my mind when I saw she had tears in her eyes.

Mom and dad were right behind her,with the same expression.

"I don't want to leave. But I also can't keep going through things like this. Every time I think life is going good for us,something always happens. This time it took a little bit longer for the drama to show up but this right here,is way too much. As I said,Lyla you can come with me. If not fine. But I need to be in a new environment and clear my head for a while" I said.

I turned back around to pack and I heard them crying behind me.

I don't want to sound mean or anything but I sort of didn't really care.