Chapter 15

My eyes opened slowly to the sound of a machine making a slight noise and I saw my family sitting across from me.

I was already sitting up and when my mom saw that I was awake,she came over and hugged me lightly.

"Are you okay honey? I'm so sorry. This is all my fault" she said.

I looked over her shoulder at Lyla and noticed she had been crying too.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" I asked.

My family walked over and sat on the couch next to the bed.

They all looked really worried which only made my head hurt more trying to figure out what was going on.

"Please just tell me as it is" I said.

Mom looked at dad and he nodded.

"You have a mild concussion. You'll need a lot of rest and we will make sure to help you get it. But..there's something else-"

Just then someone burst into the room and we all looked towards the door.

It was Kason.

"We have a problem" he said.

The alarms in the hospital went off and I covered my ears.

The pain was so unbearable I started to scream.

Mom helped me get up and dressed as my brothers and Kason all grabbed their weapons and headed out of the room.

"Mom what's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know honey. But we need to leave. Now" she said.

We grabbed our things and waited for dad to tell us when it was clear.

He looked around for a few seconds then motioned for us to leave the room and go towards the right side of the building.

My head was still hurting and I wanted to close my eyes so bad from the bright light.

Kason stood next to me and blocked the light with his jacket as mom held the other side of me,making sure I don't fall.

We walked to another door slowly as dad and my brothers checked every corner to be sure nobody was there.

"Um,Kason? What exactly was the problem?" I asked.

He turned pale.

"DANG! They're watching us!" He yelled.

Dad turned around and looked scared and him and my brothers stopped walking.

"What do you mean by that Kason?" Dad asked angrily.

"Some men came into the cafeteria trying to steal something and I hid underneath a table as they just...hurt people. And as soon as they took what they wanted I thought they were going to leave but they said they were looking for a girl and her family that got here recently. I checked the files with the key my aunt gave me and saw you were the only girl with a family here" he said.

I stopped and gathered all of my strength to push him off of me.

"And you tell us this now?!" I asked.

"I was trying to get you out before I said it but then I remembered they said they were going to check the security cameras" he said.

My blood turned cold and I looked at dad.

His eyes widened and he came behind us.

"You guys stay in front,you come with me in the back. We need to move faster. See that door? Go. Hurry" he said,one of my brothers walked with him behind us and the others stayed in front.