Chapter 31

After a few minutes, I got up, got dressed and grabbed my phone.

I walked back into the front room and grabbed my keys.

"I'm going to stop him. I can't let him do this" I said.

Rome nodded and we both ran downstairs and to my car as fast as we could.

I drove off and sped as fast as I could without going past the speed limits.

We came to a stop light and I was about to yell until I looked to the left and saw a familiar face sitting on the outside of a Cafè.

"There he is. I'm going to park around the corner" I said.

The light turned and I swerved to the right in the parking lot and parked next to a yellow vehicle.

We both got out quickly and ran across the street to Jesse.

"Jesse!" I called.

He turned around confused and stood up.

"What are you two doing here?" He asked.

I ran to him and gave him a really tight hug.

"Why would you think we would just let you go like that? You don't think we want you around?" I asked.

He sighed and hugged me back.

"It's not that. I just can't seem to do much of anything right and I was going to go back home and just figure it out there" he said.

I let him go and Rome hugged him too.

"But you don't need to do that. Everyone makes mistakes and no one wants you to be perfect Jesse. We both love you for who you are and I apologize for the way I was acting earlier. I have really bad trust issues and I guess I took it out on you and maybe I was being a little too possessive. I apologize" I said.

He smiled and put his hands on both sides of my face and kissed me.

"It's okay. I understand and I'm the same way. We can talk about this later because I really miss that bed" he said.

We all laughed and he grabbed his things, put the payment and tip on the table and signaled for someone to come get it.

We walked back across the street and went back to the car.

I got in the backseat and let Jesse drive us back to the hotel.

He smiled when I handed him the keys and got in quickly.

Jesse turned the radio on and we all sang to the few songs that played as we waited for traffic.

Once we arrived, he parked in the same spot and we all got out.

As we were walking into the building, I noticed 4 black SUV's that were all parked crooked in front of the building.

I suddenly got a bad feeling in my stomach and I didn't know why.

I scanned the lot for anyone I might know but didn't see anyone.

I had almost given up when we walked in and I saw him.

"Gabriel?!" I yelled angrily.

He smiled at me and held his arms out trying to give me a hug.

I smacked his arms away and he frowned.

"Oh come on babe. That's no way to treat your man" he said.

I stepped closer to him and was about to punch him until someone stepped in front.

My eyes widdened and I stepped back.

"Lyla? What's..what..what are you doing here? How are you here right now?" I asked.

"We were already here sis. We wanted to surprise you for your birthday. So when you called I had the idea to just come today and give you everything now" she said.

"Okay?...what do you mean everything? And who else is here? But wait why is Gabriel here?" I asked.

"He came on his own. I don't know why but I also don't want any issues with the staff" she said, signaling to some workers from the hotel watching us carefully.

They quickly looked away and talked to eachother.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Oh yeah and the whole family is here. But Cam who are they?" Lyla asked, pointing at Jesse and Rome.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around Jesse.

"This is Jesse and his brother. Jesse is my-"

"Fiancé" Jesse finished.

My insides jumped for joy.

I'm so glad he caught on to what I was trying to do, and I succeeded.

Gabriel looked like he was about to cause trouble so I grabbed Lyla's arm with my right hand and started walking.

"Let's go back to the room. We can talk there since there are too many ears and eyes down here" I said, looking Gabriel straight in his eyes.

His jaw clenched and I wanted to laugh but I smiled and we walked away quickly.

Rome was right behind us watching Gabriel to make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

We all got into the elevator and I hugged them both tightly.

"My two worlds. Finally no longer apart" I said.

They laughed and we waited for the elevator to stop and got off immediately.

We quickly walked to the room, unlocked it and all walked in.

If Gabriel is anything like he used to be, I'm sure he's going to try to do something to get back at me.

"Okay. So what's going on Lyla? Where's the rest of the family and what did you need to give me?" I asked.

She pulled her purse in front of her and handed me a small blue pouch.

"Open it. That's one of your gifts, everyone else is in their rooms. We'll go to them when you're ready but for now put that on and get ready. We're taking you out tonight to a very special place and no don't ask because I'm not telling you where it is" Lyla said.

I smiled and nodded as I opened the pouch.

It was a beautiful rectangle topaz ring.

"I saw you looking at it at the mall some time ago before you left so I thought it would be a wonderful early birthday present. I also got you these" she said, handing me another pouch but bigger and heavier.

I opened it to find a matching blue set with a bracelet and necklace.

"Oh Lyla...you didn't have to do-"

"I know. I wanted to. You should enjoy your birthday and I'm going to make sure you do" she said.

I hugged her tight and closed the pouches back up.

"Thank you so much sis. I'm going to get ready, but what about you?" I said.

"I'll go to my room and change then come back in a few minutes. Be sure to wear something beautiful, as always, but also something you can...move around in" she said.

I raised my eyebrows suspiciously and she laughed.

"Nope. I'm not going to tell you. But go go I'll be back" she said.

She ran out of the door and I locked it behind her. 

"This should be interesting".