Chapter 21

After laying there in my bed for hours,I decided to get up and go find something to eat that wouldn't make me feel sick.

I stood up felt slightly dizzy.

I held onto the side of my night stand and stood there for a few seconds until it went away.

I was about to call mom but I thought it would be best for me to just suck it up and try it by myself first.

I slowly walked to the door and opened it.

I walked down the hallway and into the kitchen,slowly and making sure to be careful and watch where I was stepping.

I got to the table and quickly sat down but not very noticeable before my head started to hurt.

Mom came over with the food and sat it on the table in front of us.

She rubbed my back and I smiled at her.

Dad started to give grace and we started putting food onto our plates.

I felt..weird.

There was this feeling as if something was wrong but I couldn't figure out what it was just yet.

I was just about to ask mom what was going on when she looked at me and spoke.

"Camilla...we need to tell you something important" she said.

I looked around at everyone at the table and they all looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Mom looked at dad and dad looked at Gabriel.

He sighed,stood up and walked over to me.

"Camilla,I meant it when I said I loved you. Please never get that confused. I've loved you since the day your dad introduced us to eachother. But I realize what I did was not okay. Not for me and not for your family. So ive decided to go back home and start a new life. This is my last meal with all of you and I'm leaving right after for my flight" he said.

I was speechless.

And hurt.

"So you tell me you're sorry,say you want to make it up to me and now you want to leave? Why would you do that?!" I yelled.

I stood up and ran back to my room.

I knew something felt off and I was right.

"Camilla wait!" Gabriel called.

I was about to close my room door behind me but he stopped me.

"Camilla please just let me explain further. I don't want us to end like this and I know you don't either" he said.

I was about to yell at him again when I felt my knees go weak and I started crying.

"Why would..why would you do this..to me?" I cried.

He sat next to me and layed me on his lap.

He stroked my head with his soft hands as I cried and I tried my best to stop crying.

"I didnt mean to hurt you Camilla. I didn't mean to hurt any of you. But as I said before,I can't tell you everything for your safety. I just hope you will forgive me for the way I acted" he said.

We stayed silent for a while and I stopped crying so much.

Tears were still coming from my eyes but I knew I had to let him go.

I had to.

I sat up and wiped my face with my sleeve.

"Do yoy promise to keep in touch with me?" I asked.

He smiled slightly and rubbed the side of my face where another tear was falling.

"Yes. I promise" he said.

We hugged and then stood up again.

We walked back into the kitchen to finish eating and for a few short seconds,I thought I saw Gabriel looking as if he was about to cry.

I put my hand over bis and he smiled.

I think we're going to be just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished eating first and took my dishes to the sink.

Gabriel finished after me and we both washed our dishes at the same time.

I put mine in the dry rack and turned around to look at him.

"This is going to hurt us. I really am sorry for doing this Camilla..but I know I messed up and I know I can't come back from it. I never meant for any of this to go this far and I miss home" he said.

I sighed and looked down.

"Yeah I know. And I understand. We've just spent so much time together and put in so much effort to try and make this relationship work. I understand you have to do this for you,but it's still going to be hard for me" I said.

He finished his dishes and put them next to mine and came closer to me.

He held onto my shoulders and looked into my eyes,and I felt so close to him..but also so far.

Too far.

I felt tears start to come in my eyes and I looked away from him.

He hugged me right and I hugged back tighter.

"I will always be here for you. Whenever you need me,just call or text me and I'll answer when I can" He said.

Mom came over with the rest of the dishes and sat them in the sink.

"Gabriel..you will always have a place here in our home. None of us hate you,we were just surprised and extremely concerned. But you've been a good person and a wonderful boyfriend for my daughter and I thank you for that" she said.

She hugged him and he smiled as a tear fell down his face.

He quickly wiped it away before he thought I could see it and they pulled away.

I smiled at him and walked back to my room.

I didn't want to make him feel like this was a bad choice for him.

I am hurt by it,but so is he.

I guess the only thing I can do now is to just let him go and move on completely with my life.

Of course not getting into another relationship anytime soon...but just learning to live and love myself alone.

I think that's what's best for me.

Now and in the future.