Chapter 27

I walked over to my left where there was a garden of rocks,picked up the biggest one I could manage with one hand and ran back over to them.

Lyla held me back and I could hear them all saying something but I couldn't make out what it was.

I've never felt a anger like this in my entire life.

All I wanted to do was hit him and see blood.

"Camilla stop!! Don't do this!!" Lyla said.

I looked at her and tears rolled down her eyes.

I felt bad and calmed down slightly.

I put the rock down and looked at Gabriel.

"You are dead to me. They went to go get you so we could figure this out and you do this!? What is actually wrong with you!?" I yelled.

He tried to come towards me with his hands out and saying something.

"I don't want to hear it" I said.

I dropped the rock on his foot and walked away quickly back to the car.

"Lyla if you don't come with me right now I'm leaving!" I yelled.

I got into the car,started it and put my seat belt on.

Lyla and Ryder started walking towards the car and I unlocked the doors.

They got in and I quickly drove off without thinking about anything else.

"Please do not say anything to me about him again. I'm done trying. I'm done with him completely. I don't care about any of this anymore" I said.

Lyla patted my shoulder and I kept my eyes on the road.

I couldn't think straight, but all I wanted to do was go home.

I stopped at the red light about 2 blocks from our house and I just happened to look out of the window and see Gabriel in the car next to me,telling me to roll down my window.

"Oh god" Lyla said.

I smiled.

At first,I was going to ignore him.

But something in me just couldn't help it and I motioned for us to stop on the left side where there was a space for us to park.

We did so,he got out and I was about to but Lyla put her hand on my shoulder again.

"Camilla,just please don't do or say anything you're going to regret" she said.

I rolled my eyes and nodded as we all got out of the car and walked towards him and Ryders brother.

"See I'm sort of confused. Why is one brother here and the other one over there?" Lyla asked.

"Because my brother doesn't like to follow the plan. He likes to do his own thing and 'look cool' while doing it" Ryder said.

"Mmm" Lyla said,scanning his brother from head to toe.

"So why were you following us Gabriel? Obviously Camilla doesn't want to talk to you. The fact that you do one thing,make us and her believe you're this great guy and then turn around and do something shady then lying about it is beyond weird and stupid. So if you don't want her to turn your skin purple you better start talking" she said.

I crossed my arms and looked at him.

He sighed and walked back to his car.

I was about to get angry because I thought he was going to leave after making me stop,but he grabbed a large binder and pulled out a bright orange folder with quite a bit of things in it.

"You're right. I did do all of those things and honestly it wasn't what you think. I said that and I meant it. I was trying to keep this to myself for as long as possible. I didn't even plan on telling you or anyone for that matter. But since that's going to probably be the cost of our relationship,I might as well show you now. Camilla, Lyla, your dad isn't who you think he is. I've been trying to protect him and you both by not saying anything but I can see that's not getting anywhere" he said.

Lyla looked at me confused and I shrugged.

"If you think-"

"Just listen to me for a second. You know what,no don't listen to me. Here. Read this and you tell me if it's a lie or not" he said.

He handed us the folder and Lyla took it.

She opened it and there were pictures of dad and a man talking,drinking,laughing and walking together in so many different places.

"Okay? So my dad has friends. What kind of weird-"

"Just keep going through it" Gabriel said annoyed.

She flipped to the next page and there were pictures of them exchanging big big bags of something and constantly looking around.

I was about to say this meant nothing but Lyla dropped the folder and covered her mouth.

"What? What's wrong?" I said.

I picked it up and went back to the same page.

There were hand written notes from dad and I'm guessing this guy,saying all sorts of weird things about areanged marriages,future grandchildren and so much more.

I frowned in confusion and Gabriel came closer to us.

"Do you know who that guy is?" He asked.

I shook my head no and he sighed.

"Look again. Look harder" he said.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the pictures again nonchalantly.

"It's still...wait..is that your dad?" I asked.

Lyla took the folder from me and stared at it.

"This..no. This is not what I think it is" she said.

"It is. And if you don't believe me,here. There's more proof" he said.

He handed us a phone with a video of our dads on it and I felt sick to my stomach.

"Push play" he said.

Lyla did and the screen was loading for a few seconds then played.

"We shouldn't tell them anything until both weddings are over. We can't risk any of this getting out. Who knows what would happen" dad said.

"Right. But you need to let Gabriel know so he can make it happen. He needs to make Camilla fall in love with him so we know least one of them would be happening for sure" his dad said.

I looked up at Gabriel and tried my best not to smack the phone to the ground and break it.

"I didn't do it for that Camilla. I'm showing you this is for many reasons. But we already met and went on that date before I knew about any of this" he said.

I didn't want to believe him but it felt like he was finally telling the truth.

"I can't do this. We need to get home right now and figure this out. Gabriel,send me this video. Camilla let's go" Lyla said.

"Okay. I'll text you Camilla" he said.

I nodded and we all walked off to the car and got in.

This time she was driving and I made sure to tighten my seatbelt.

This should be interesting.