Chapter 25

We all stood in confusion as he walked into the room with a smile on his face.

"Son! So great to see you. Ladies,wonderful to see you as well" he said.

"Dad..I don't understand. Why are you here?" Gabriel asked.

His dad was about to answer until he looked at Paul.

"What did you do to Paul?" He said angrily.

Gabriel's eyes widened and he turned to look at him.

His dad lunged forward and grabbed Gabriel by his shirt.

"What. Did. You. Do!?" He yelled.

Gabriel looked completely terrified and I had to step in so he didn't get hurt.

"It was my fault sir. It wasn't his. I pushed him to tell me things and Gabriel was only trying to make sure whatever it was didn't get out. I didn't think it would be this big of a deal. I apologize" I said.

He calmed down and looked at me.

"Well...very well then. Let's go" he said.

"But dad I haven't finished what I came here to do" Gabriel said.

His dad looked at him then at me and shrugged.

"Fine. Meet me back at the hotel at 10. No later" he said.

Gabriel nodded and his dad left the room.

"Um..what is going on?" Lyla asked.

Gabriel sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I told you I don't really like to talk about my family. Well,now everything you knew is clearly a lie. I'm sorry for lying to you,I just didn't want things to get any worse and I obviously failed at that too" he said.

I sat next to him and put my arm around him.

"Okay. First,we need to go back a little bit. Why did this woman just call you her husband and why did your dad say you weren't asking but telling us to go?" I asked.

He looked at me with sad eyes and got some reason it made me angry.

He's the one who's sad??

This is making no sense to us and he's the one who's sad??

I tried to control my anger and I moved my arm from around him.

"No Camilla it's not what it seems like. I promise" he said.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Really? That's what you have to say to that? The same thing so many people say when they get caught doing something they shouldn't be. It's not what it seems?" I said.

"Camilla calm down. Just hear him out" Lyla said.

I gave her a confused look because when did she start taking his side??.

"Okay look. She is my wife but-"

"Nope. I don't want to hear another word" I got up and quickly walked to the door.

I was about to open it when Gabriel stopped me by blocking th door with his body.

"Gabriel. You know I loved you but I promise you if you don't move out of my way,you're going to regret it" I said.

"No. I'm not going to move. Do your worst Camilla. But at least let me finish explaining first" he said.

"What is there to explain? Oh I got it. You left me when I needed you,we broke up,you told me you were going back to your home town to help your family with the business and get your life together and get help for your anger issues. You do that,barely keep in contact with me,then you show up and I find out you're not only brothers with someone I thought was my best friend but oh wait,YOU'RE married now!!" I tried my best to stay calm but couldn't even bring myself to do it anymore.

I let myself fall onto the floor and tears filled my eyes.

"Camilla it's not like I wanted to do this. That was the business deal I had to help them with. If I didn't marry her,my family wouldn't have gotten to the point that we're at now. You don't think I didn't want to get married to anyone accept you?" He said.

I was about to say something when I heard the sound of a gun click.

"You what?" The woman said.

I turned around to see her pointing the gun at me.

"Excuse me what do you think you're doing?" I asked.

"So you mean to tell me all of this was a lie? You never even really loved me? This was all some sort of sick and twisted business deal?" She said.

I tried my best not to laugh and I kind of felt bad for her.

"Oh come on. You really can't be that clueless. I told you right before we got married that I had feelings for someone else and you said it's fine you do too. So don't try to make this seem like something it's not. And if you don't believe me I have the proof" he said.

The woman's face changed and she looked at me then pointed the gun at Gabriel.

"Woah! What are you doing!?" He yelled.

She was about to say something when I heard glass shattering and then something hit her in the head,knocking her unconscious.

I stared at her in shock and I looked at Lyla who felt the same way.

We looked at the window and saw a really handsome man walk in the room through the window.

"Wow. That feels like something straight out of a movie. I'm Lyla" she said,walking over to him.

I rolled my eyes and moved away from the woman's body on the floor,making sure not to step on any glass.

"Nice to meet you beautiful. My name is Ryder" he said.

He walked closer as well and met her half way.

He grabbed her hand and lifted it into the air,spun her around and pulled her closer to him and she blushed extremely hard.

"Oh..I.." she couldn't find what to say and I laughed.

"Ooouuu someone has a crush" I teased.

"Not a crush. My future wife" Ryder said.

My eyes widened and Lyla and I looked at eachother.

"Okaay you go sis" I said.

I was so caught up with this that I didn't notice there was another man who was standing on the porch.

I'm guessing they were both together and they both had the same outfit.

White dress shirt with navy blue pants.

The other man stepped inside and stared at me.

He smirked and leaned on the side of the door,watching me.

I looked away to signal that I wasn't interested,but he started walking this way.

I could tell Gabriel was starting to get a little jealous or something because he pulled me closer to him and watched the man with a certain look in his eyes.

I couldn't figure out what it was,but I liked it.