Crumbling...

Basil woke up and looked around. He then saw a silhouette staring at him at the corner. Basil started panicking.

Basil said, "Why are you still here!? Leave me alone!"

The silhouette opens its eyes and mouth. The silhouette looked so much like Basil, and yet its arms and legs were too long to be human. And tendrils poked out of its back. Wiggling around like disgusting slimy worms.

Basil started crying as the silhouette moved closer and closer towards him. It readied to grab him. Until a knock on the door broke the tension. Basil turned to see the thing was gone. Basil got dressed up and went over to the door. Basil slightly opened the door to see who's at the front of the door. And he noticed it was Sunny.

Basil said, "Sunny?"

Sunny said, "Hey. I noticed you haven't been doing well, and I was wondering if you wanna hang out together. Like we used to."

Basil said, "Really? You wanna spend time with me again?"

Sunny said, "Of course. You're my best friend. I wanna make some new memories with you."

Basil felt his soul enlightening, but then he remembered the moment that he nearly killed Sunny. How brutal that fight gotten and how he stabbed Sunny's eye. He then backed away in a state of guilt.

Basil said, "I'm sorry. I got some important things to do. Like watering my flowers."

Sunny said, "Can I help you?"

Basil said with a fake smile, "No. I'm fine. You should hang out with Kel."

Sunny said, "Kel is with Amil and Atifa."

A sudden knock on the front door broke their conversation. Basil and Sunny head into the living room to see who showed up. They walked in and saw

Polly said, "It's very nice to meet you again, Aubrey. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Aubrey said, "Yeah. It's nice to meet you too. I came to see Basil. I want to apologize to him."

Basil said, "Aubrey?"

Aubrey turned and noticed Basil and Sunny.

Aubrey said, "Basil. There you are."

Basil cried, "I'm sorry. Just go ahead and hit me. I deserve it."

Basil braced for an assault of some kind. Tears ran down his reddening cheeks. Aubrey walked over and hugged Basil.

Aubrey said, "You have no need to be sorry. I was the one who treated you horribly. I promise I'll try my best to change. I don't wanna lose another friend."

Sunny said, "If anyone should be to blame, it's me. My dad was right. I ruin everything, don't I?"

Aubrey pulled Sunny in and hugged them both.

Aubrey said, "It's all our faults. We should've been there for each other. But it's all gonna change now."

Sunny took out a box wrapped with a nice ribbon. He handed it to Basil. Basil was confused. What's inside the box? And why would Sunny give him it?

Sunny said, "I got a gift for you. I hope you like it."

Basil opened the box to see a hair pin in the design of a sunflower. Basil grasped the hairpin carefully, trying not to drop it. Basil looked up to see Sunny putting on a hairpin resembling a white tulip.

Sunny said, "How do I look?"

Basil giggled, "It looks good on you."

Sunny said, "So, wanna hang out together?"

Basil said, "Yeah. But after I water my flowers."

Sunny said, "Alright."

Basil said, "Aubrey? Do you wanna help?"

Aubrey said, "Of course. What should I do?"

Basil said, "You'll water the flowers outside, I'll water the flowers in my room, and Sunny will water the flowers in this room."

Aubrey said, "Alright, I'll get to it."

Basil headed over to his room and went to grab a pitcher and started watering the flowers. But then he noticed that one of the flowers' roots was poking out of the pot. Basil looked for the shears. He found them and picked them up. He gazed at the shears. Frozen in place.

Basil started feeling like something was behind him. He turned around to see the same silhouette inches from his face. Basil felt like he couldn't move. The silhouette grabbed his hand with the shears and started trying to pull his arm off of him like a rack pulling a person's tendons apart in their legs. Basil started to tear up in fear, and the silhouette kept its grimace smile. The silhouette then pointed the shears in his hand at Basil's own stomach. Continuous inching the shears closer to him.

Basil sobbed, "Please. Don't. Please."

The silhouette only responded by opening its mouth and revealing the eyes underneath its jaws. The eyes resembled Basil's, but they looked pale and lifeless, as if they were the eyes of a corpse rather than still living person.

Basil screamed out for it to get away. The silhouette disappeared, and he looked to see Sunny in the entrance of the door.