Cinderella (Part Two)

I currently have a small cold, and it's a rainy day, so I'm going to snuggle up with some soup and read my own fairytale collection! As always, feedback is greatly appreciated! Happy reading! <3

"Oh Dr. Aya! I'm here for my appointment!"

It was a voice that could make a banshee clap her hands to her ears and beg for silence. It made nails on chalkboards consider changing their ways and its malignant, bratty tone could turn any spoiled child polite. The four jumped out of their skin when the door was nearly slammed off of its hinges, revealing a woman in a lilac dress with her hair in two low buns. Aya gasped while bringing her fingers to her lips.

"Oh, Minako Okura! I forgot you made an appointment today! You wouldn't mind waiting for an hour, right? I'm with someone who came in at the last minute, and she's in dire need of help."

The simple request seemed to puzzle Minako, which quickly turned into infuriation. "Excuse me, did I hear you correctly? You're helping someone else?!"

"You heard me correct then," Aya said. "Is that alright?"

Minako's words tumbled over one another before she spat, "Uh, no it isn't, actually! I made this appointment a week ago to fit my schedule, which is already as busy as it is, and now I have to wait an entire hour!? I have an extremely important dinner date with my boyfriend tonight ya know! Who dares steal my appointment?!"

"U-Um...I'm sorry ma-ma'am, I didn't muh-mean to steal your appointment...b-but you can go before m-me if you want..."

Her eyes darted down to see (Y/n) staring up at her, clutching onto Aya's dress for comfort. Minako's expression fell into one of disgust, as if a rancid stench had struck her nose and somehow pierced her pupils.

"My date is going to be ruined... for this !? For this disgusting little brat ?!"

Koichi and Yukako gasped, (Y/n) buried her face into Aya's dress, and Aya, her face wild with offense, said, "I beg your pardon?!"

"I mean just look at her, Dr. Aya! She looks like she crawled straight out of a sewer or a swamp! For a beautician you sure are blind when it comes to what's beautiful and what's hideous!"

(Y/n) sought refuge from humiliation in her hands as Aya scooped her up in her arms to soothe her. Koichi stomped a foot forward, ready to scold Minako, but felt himself freeze under Yukako's gelid aura: it was so cold that a fly that had been buzzing around suddenly dropped dead, its wings glazed with frost.

"Who do you think you are, talking to someone like that?! Especially a child in dire need of help?" Yukako snapped, her long, black hair nearly sticking up from rage.

"Listen up," Minako hissed back, "I told you once, I'm not going to repeat myself. Since I made this appointment a week in advance and it's my three-month anniversary of moving in with the love of my life, it is my right to have my spot immediately! Make sure that little twerp understands before this gets-"

Baring her teeth, Yukako approached Minako with a stride that could cause an avalanche and jabbed her finger square into her chest, crudely cutting the woman off.

"I'm sorry, but you dare call this child a twerp when you're the one attacking an innocent little girl because your stupid hair appointment had to be pushed back by an hour?! Oh, heaven forbid you think of anybody but yourself for once! "

Aya and Koichi could feel their spines rattle from extreme perturbation when they took a single glance at (Y/n): traumatized, as if Yukako's finger had pierced her heart. Hyperventilating chokes acted as hands to cover (Y/n)'s ears, making the argument sound like it was underwater. Her heart palpitated to an unhealthy tempo. She nearly expelled the contents of her stomach onto the floor. Fear drained the color out of her eye. Aya told Koichi to stay with (Y/n) as she flew over to Yukako, trying without success to put an end to the fight.