Message in a Bottle

A/N: In classic SundropDandelion fashion, I take an idea that should be like ten pages at most and expand it into one of the longest chapters in this fic, a drawing included. What can I say? Writing is fun! Now, I have a good portion of the next chapter written, but because my summer classes will be starting in a few days at the time I'm writing this, I'm not entirely sure when it'll be uploaded. Anyway, as usual, comments and kudos and votes are always appreciated, and let me know my strengths and what should be improved!

Thump, thump, thump...

Creak...

...

"Wake up!"

Not once in his adulthood had Jotaro ever gotten a full night's rest. He wasn't sleep-deprived by any means and worked just fine off of six hours, but the lost hour needed for a normal amount of slumber was spent reclaiming his share of the comforter with a mighty tug, and protecting his side of the mattress by shoving his wife off of the bed (it was all in good fun, mind you, for Josephine always provoked these fights in bed). That didn't stop him from feeling slightly agitated.

"Good grief, Jolyne and (Y/n), it's-" Jotaro read the time on his alarm clock- "four in the morning! Why are the both of you up at this hour?!"

"Because it's our beach day! Get up, get up, get up!"

On the edge of the bed (Y/n) and Jolyne jumped higher and higher, daring their scalps to graze the ceiling! Having to think fast before anyone got hurt, Jotaro and Josephine gathered the sides of their comforter, trapping the girls in its fluffy yet cool interior. Like dumplings, the adults worked together to bundle the corners. Now they couldn't escape!

"Eep! Hey, let us out!" (Y/n) squealed, flailing around. "This is compression!"

"It's not compression, (Y/n)!" laughed Jolyne as she squirmed. "It's 'recession!' I heard that word on the news once!"

"It's neither word, you knuckleheads," Jotaro said, swinging the comforter over his shoulder as though fleeing home. The girls shrieked and giggled louder, and thrashed more intensely. Through closed teeth Jotaro harshly whispered, "Girls, quiet down! You're going to wake the whole house!"

"Good! Then our beach day can start even sooner!"

"Jolyne, I think that we should listen to your papa, he sounds serious," (Y/n) said, breathing heavily from laughing so hard; "and Ms. Sugimoto always tells me that everyone needs at least seven hours of sleep to be healthy!"

"But I'm not tired! And neither is (Y/n)!"

"OK," Josephine said, hugging the comforter to help the excited children settle down, "is there anything your father and I can do to help you girls calm down?"

Jotaro's chest raised significantly, making it seem as though he was short of breath, for he knew that Jolyne was cracking one of her devious smiles.

"Mommy, (Y/n) and I will only relax..."

The first layer of comforting, a wispy sheet emitting the scent of fresh laundry, suddenly squiggled in the shape of mounds and humps like a mole's tunnel of soil as Jolyne and (Y/n) crawled onto the bed. An 'excuse me' here for bumping into each other, and an 'I'm sorry!' there for overlaying hands, and within seconds Jolyne and (Y/n) were resting at the head of the bed, sharing a pillow.

"...If you give us your bed!"

"It's a deal." Jotaro's words were hot off the heels of Jolyne's idea. He and Josephine fixed the sheets-it was quite difficult to do so because of the girls' boisterous nature. Then they grabbed the throw pillows and blankets and rested on the ground. "However, the two of you have to be quiet and still: not a peep, and not a wiggle of the toe. Understand?"