three

gina's pov

"gi," i heard jeremiah said softly, "wake up."

"five more minutes," i said, my eyes still closed.

"we need to get ready for work."

"you go. i'll be down in sometime."

"okay. but don't be too late," he said. i felt the mattress shift as he left the bed.

i woke up about 10 minutes later and got ready for the first day of work at the club. i could already smell breakfast being made in the kitchen so i walked down.

"hangover smoothie for con?" i asked jeremiah, hearing the blender whirring as i entered the kitchen.

"yup," he said with a smile as he went towards conrad to give him the smoothie.

"you guys really need to sit for the portraits. i don't see conrad complaining," laurel said, continuing what i imagine was the conversation they were having before i was there.

"he will complain when he is in his senses. trust me," i said as i started to pour cereal into a bowl for myself, making jeremiah laugh.

"come on, man. hurry your ass up. all right? i can't be late for my first day of work," steven shouted.

"we won't. we're good," jeremiah replied.

"let me eat in peace steven," i said rolling my eyes.

"those old country club boomers are gonna tip me so hard, man, they won't know what hit 'em," he said, doing some sort of a thrust.

"steven, i swear," laurel said in a bit of a disgusted voice.

"what?"

"come on, laurel. my boy's got to get that bread."

"thank you."

"good morning, bells," i said as i saw the girl come into the kitchen.

"belly, where have you been?" laurel said. "is that a bruise?"

"i bumped into someone," she said looking at conrad.

"you bumped into someone?"

"doesn't look that bad," i heard conrad say from the other side of the room.

"you want some cereal, bells?" i said diverting the topic. i knew that girl needed that at this moment.

"sure." i poured some of the cereal in her bowl.

"oh my god!" i heard susannah say as she walked in. "belly is going to be a debutante."

"it's not a big deal," she said. i smiled at her.

"i'm sorry? this belly? like my sister? like that thing right there" steven said, pointing at her.

"shut up, cretin," she replied, glaring at him a bit and i was proud of her.

"okay, this is gonna be so much fun. just you wait," susannah said, starting to rant. "there is, uh... there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course, the rehearsal. we need to go shopping!"

"this sounds," laurel said, "expensive."

"oh, don't worry, laur. it's on me. it was my idea after all, and we still need to style you for your book party, so..."

"belly, are you sure you want to do this? it doesn't seem very you," laurel said to the girl.

"it's not."

"con!!"

"conrad, could you please be a little more supportive?" susannah said. "now, which one of you is gonna be belly's escort to the ball?"