four

gina's pov

"you are going to have so much fun," susannah said to belly as she was getting ready for her date tonight. i was happy for her. i, on the other hand, had just gotten ready for the book party that was going to happen in sometime. 

"we're just going to see a movie," belly said, i could see a smile on face.

"yeah! in a drive in movie!" i added, teasing her and laughing. "you look really cute."

"you look nice, hon," i heard laurel say to belly as she walked in. "you too gina."

"don't they?" susannah added, smiling widely. she turned to belly. "have fun tonight."

"are you not driving with us?" laurel asked, a bit surprised.

"actually, she has a date,.." i said. i don't know how she hadn't told laurel about it yet.

"sorry mom," belly said, she said with a small laugh. "his name is cam."

"i actually know his cousin from back home," i added, trying to help belly.

"his mom works at the club. really nice boy, very smart," susannah added.

"like harvard smart," belly said.

"it's fine," laurel said with a small laugh. "of course, you can go. i've dragged you to enough of these book parties over the years. have a great date."

"thanks mom," she said starting to walk out the room, me following her.

"do we need to talk about consent before you go?" laurel asked, making me laugh.

"mom," she said, looking at her mother. times like this is when i would think what of mom would have said if she was here. i missed her, but i was glad that susannah and laurel were there with me.

i regained my focus as the two of us walked into the living room. we saw the three boys playing video games on the couch - absolutely engrossed in the game. it was almost usual to see them like this. their natural habitat. 

"see you guys later," belly said, trying to get their attention away from the game. i laughed a little bit. it was definitely needed.

i see jeremiah look over at her. "damn," he said as he walked over to her and twirled her around. "you. look. hot." the sinking feeling that i felt this morning was back again.

"hey, hey, hey, stop flirting with my sister," steven said looking at jeremiah. i laughed softly and mentally noted that i had to thank this boy.

"shut up steven," belly said.

"no you shut up," he said. "you look good though. both of you." i smiled at him. i could also hear jeremiah laugh a bit.

"you guys driving with us, or are you meeting us there?" jeremiah asked the both of us.

"i am coming with you guys," i said and then looked at belly. "but..."

"i'm not going to the book part," bally added. "i'm going to the drive-in."

"with who?" conrad asked, looking back from the game.

"dude, dude, focus. come on," steven said, making him look back at the same.

before belly could respond, her phone chimes. "i have to go. see you later."

"have fun!" i said, as she left the house to meet cam.

i sat down on the couch, waiting for susannah and laurel to get down before we could go.

"you wanna play?" jeremoah asked handing me a controller. i smiled and took it from him.