eight

gina's pov

"you may want to hydrate," cam said to a drunk belly as he sat next to her. james was with him and sat next to me. nicole and shayla were sitting in front of us, talking. all of us were sitting in the gazebo. i had seen the two fisher boys leave a while back, after playing football.

"aww, cam you are so sweet?" she said laughing. "isn't he?" she asked, turning to the rest of us. cam chuckles, while i shake my head. i could see how out of control she was.

"uh, do you want to go for a walk on the beach?" cam asked.

"belly, by the way, i love that dress," shayla commented. i nodded.

"really? thanks, i –" she said. "taylor got it for me, actually."

"mm, taylor has great taste," shayla replied.

"yeah, i know, right? she totally does," she paused for a second. "oh, my god. you know what? you and taylor are, like, twins. because you're both mega-fashiony."

"it's true. it's true," james said. i nodded.

"and you're both, like...baddies? and you both like the same summer boys, which is –" she said. i knew it was going to be a mess.

"we do?"

"come on. let's go for a walk," cam said, trying to get her away from there.

"i'm talking. one sec," belly said.

"bells, come on," i said, helping cam. "go for a walk with cam."

"look, shayla, like, don't worry," she said, ignoring me, "because my brother is an idiot. and it didn't mean anything. it didn't mean anything.

"belly, come on," cam said. trying to defuse the situation, but it was already out of hand.

"wait, what didn't mean anything?" shayla asked.

"uh, them-them kissing."

"bells," i said softly.

"it was like... he-he, like, loves you. he loves you. and –" she said, but cam pulled her aside before she could say anything more. "wait, does anyone want another drink? i want another drink."

"she is going to have such a bad hangover in the morning," i mumbled, laughing to myself.

"you knew about this?" shayla asked, turning towards me. she had a frown on her face.

i nodded. "the first thing i told him was to tell you what going on in his head," i said. "just talk to him once okay?" i gave her a small smile.

"i think we should leave," she said, looking at nicole. she then turned to me. "we're good, okay? don't worry. he was being an ass but i'll talk to him. just not today."

"i get that," i smiled. my phone started to ring, and i got up from my seat. "i am going to go and walk on the beach for a while," i said, while picking up the drink i was having. "see you guys soon."

i saw the call was from mel, and i picked the call up as i walked to the beach.

"walking on the beach?" she asked, immediately as i picked up.

"you know me so well," i said, smiling at her. "how is your summer going? i feel like it has been so long since we had a proper chat!"

"it's going fine," she shrugged. "anyways, i have some news! i am visiting you in a couple of weeks. for the volleyball tournament thing."

"that's amazing! i honestly have a lot to tell you!"

"did something happen with you know who?"

"these are not things we talk about on call mel!"