CHAPTER FIVE: where is Hop?

Cassie didn't feel like sleeping

Cassie didn't feel like sleeping. She was turning in her bed all the time but in the morning she fell asleep. She woke up way too late for school, so she decided, that she'll go and talk to Joyce and maybe Hopper about the mist. She took her bike this time and headed towards the Byers house.

When she arrived she saw Mike knocking on the door and joined his side. "Hey Cass, what are you doing here?"

"I really need to talk to Joyce." Mike kept knocking until Joyce opened nthe door. "Mrs. Byers?"

"Hey."
"Hey Mike, Cassie."
"Is Will here?" Mike asked at the same time as Cassie said "Can i talk to you?"
"You know what? Now is not a really good time."
"Is he okay?" Joyce sighs and answers. "Yeah. You know, he's... he's just not feeling real well. He's laying down, so I'll tell him you stopped by, okay?"

"It's about the shadow monster, isn't it?" Cassie said before Joyce could close the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike and Will were talking in his room, probably about the shadow and Cassie decided that now is the time to talk about the mist.

"Hey, is there any chance, that you could call Hopper here?" Cassie asked and Joyce went to the phone.

"He's not picking up, is there anything wrong sweetie?"

"Uhm, i just wanted to talk to you about something and i thought that Hop should maybe hear it too."

"What's going on?" Joyce seemed concerned about the girl and Cassie felt weird in that situation. None of her parents really cared about her.

"Uhm i just- uhm, you know when i got stuck in the upside down a year ago?" Cassie asked and recieved a nod from the woman. "Well i remember that i touched something glowy there and then i died, right?" She recieved another another nod from the woman, even though Joyce didn't know she touched something. "Uhm, i remembered that my hand was bleeding before i touched and i think it did something to me, because everytime i get a nightmare where i'm in the upside down, there's this mist coming out of my hands and my nose starts bleeding. And yesterday i saw this shadow coming for Will and the mist, i don't know if i did it or not but it wrapped around the monster and it stopped it. I-i don't know, it sounds crazy." Cassie stopped to look at the woman.

"Honey, after what we've been through, nothing sounds crazy to me anymore." Cassie felt eyes on her, so she turned around just to see Mike and Will staring at her, as they probably heard everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie stayed the night in Will's room, sleeping on the floor with Mike. But she woke up due to the lack of presence next to her. The brunette's eyes fluttered open and she searched the room for anyone. Cassie started walking toward the living rooom, seeing Will shake Joyce awake.

"Will, what's wrong?"
"Mom? Mom? Mom?"
"Yeah?" Joyce gasped.
"I saw him." Will seemed genuenlly scared and that's what scared Cassie the most.
"You saw who, baby?"
"Hopper. I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, is this where you saw him? Is this where you saw Hopper?" By now, everyone was trying to find out where is Hopper on Wills paintings.

"I think so. Yeah."
"Okay."
"Here!"
"Okay, so... so Hopper is here?" Cassie asked unsurely.
"Yeah. Now we just need to find out where here is, right?"
"Right."
"Did he say anything? I mean, before he left?" Cassie asked the woman.
"Uh, some... something about vines?" Joyce sighed at the same time as they heard a vehicle outside.
"Hopper." Joyce said and went outside.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You drew all these yourself?" After some time, Joyce took Bob inside to figure out where could Hopper be. "Mmm-hmm."

"Why, exactly?"
"I... I told you the rules. No questions, okay?"
"Yeah."
"We... we just need you to help us figure out what... Bob? Bob? Over here. Where... where this is."

"That's the objective. Find the X." Mike added.
"Yeah? What's at the X? Pirate treasure?" Bob chuckled.
"Bob, no questions."
"Okay."
"Let me talk to you for a second. Hang on, guys."
Cassie zoned out for a second until she heard Bob talking about water.
"Okay, so the lines aren't roads. But they act like roads. And they act like roads 'cause when you follow 'em, you'll see... they don't go over water. And that's the giveaway. That's the giveaway. Ha! Don't you get it? It's not a puzzle, it's a map. I't's a map of Hawkins." Bob laughs and Cassie and Mike exchange worried glances. "Right, Will?" Bob adds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough the group of five were measuring the paintings in order to find Hopper. To be honest Cassie didn't want to do this shit again, but she knew, she had to. As Cassie was sitting there, watching them, she let her mind wander off to Max. She was curious what she was doing at the moment. Cassie knew she felt something towards the redhead, but she wasn't sure what. When she was younger, Cassie found herself finding girls actracttive, but she also liked boys, so she got confused. She did her reasearch and found out that she thinks she's bisexual. Of course she never came out to anyone, she was too scared, but maybe, just maybe Max would be the girl for her.

She kept thinking and thinking until she heard Bob say "I mean, if you're twisting my arm, and you are twisting my arm, I would say that the X is... maybe a half mile southeast of Danford?" "Thank you. Thank you."

"What? Are we... we really going?" Bob seemed very confused on what's going on, but followed the woman and the 3 kids to the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There's nothing. There's nothing here."
"Are... Are we close?"
"We're in the vicinity."
"What's that mean, the vicinity?"
"It means we're close. I don't know. It's not precise."

"But we did all that work."

"I told you, the scale ratio is not exactly one-to-one. We needed to take..."

"Turn right." Will chimed in.

"What?"

"I saw him."

"Where?"

"Not here. In my now-memories."

"In your what?"
"Turn right!" And with that said, Joyce did as se was told.
"Are you okay?"
"Superspy."
"What's Jim doing here? Joyce?" Cassie actually felt bad for Bob, he had no idea on what's happenig.
"Guys, I need you to stay here." Joyce turned to them.

"No. Mom, Mom, Mom, it's not safe." Will started as Cassie did. "No, i can help, it's not safe there."
"That's why I need you to stay here! Stay here!" And with that Joce stepped out of the vehicle, leaving the three kids inside.

They eventually stepped out of the car aswell and Will started grunting.

"Will!" Cassie yelled at the same time as Mike did. "Will? Will, you okay? Will, what's wrong?" Mike turned towards the brunette, who had a scared look on her face as he noticed something.

"Cassie, your nose is bleeding... again." She wiped her nose and glanced at the liquid as Will fell and started shaking.