CHAPTER NINE: zoomer.

The kids all got into the car, Max driving, Cassie in the passenger seat and the boys in the back

"Nancy?" Steve groaned as he woke up.
"No, don't touch it. Hey, buddy... Shhhhh. It's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight. You're okay."
"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Cassie said to Max who nodded in response.
"What's going on? Oh, my God! Just relax. She's driven before."
"Yeah, in a parking lot."
"That counts. They were gonna leave you behind. I promised that you'd be cool, okay?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on? Oh, my God. No! Whoa! Stop the car. Slow down."

"I told you he'd freak out."

"Everybody shut up! I'm trying to focus!" Max shouted at them and Cassie looked in the map.

"Oh, wait, that's Mount Sinai. Make a left."
"What?"
"Turn left!" Max turned left and got off the road, and everyone was screaming until she stomped on the break.

"Whoa! Incredible."

"I told you. Zoomer." They all stepped out of the car and started taking their things out of the trunk as Steve tried to stop them.

"Guys. Oh, no. Guys. Hey, where do you think you're going? What are you, deaf? Hello? We are not going down there right now. I made myself clear. Hey, there's no chance we're going to that hole, all right? This ends right now!"

"Steve, you're upset, I get it. But the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance, and it is our duty to provide that assistance. Now, I know you promised Nance that you would keep us safe. So, keep us safe." Steve sighed but agreed.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way." Mike started to lead the group.

You're pretty sure, or you're certain?"

"I'm 100% sure. Just follow me and you'll know."

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so. Any of you little shits die down here,
I'm getting the blame. Got it, dipshit? From here on out, I'm leading the way. Come on, let's go." Steve took the paper out of Mikes hands and started walking.
"Come on. Hey, a little hustle. God."

"What is this place?" Max asked disgusted.

"Guys, come on. Keep moving."

"Help! Help! Help!" They all heard Dustin screaming and immediatelly turned back.
"Dustin."

"Shit!"

"Dustin!"
"Dustin!"
"What happened?"

"It's in my mouth! Some got on my mouth! Shit!" Dustin started coughing and after a while he said "I'm okay."

"You serious?"
"Very funny, man."
"Nice. Very nice."
"Jesus, what an idiot."

"Hang on. Wait, wait."

After a few minutes of walking, Steve spoke up.

"All right, Wheeler. I think we found your hub."

"Drench it."

They got to work and after a while they all ran out of gasoline.

"You ready?"
"Yeah."
"Ready."
"Ready."
"Light her up."

"Do it."
"I am in such deep shit." Steve threw his lighter and stood up as they all started running back.

"Go, go, go!"

"Let's go, let's go!"

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God."

They were running until Mikes voice stopped them.

"Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help!"

"Hold on!"
"Steve, pull him out."
"Everybody back! Back!"

Steve grunted as he swung the bat, eventually the vines let go and the kids pulled Mike back up.
"You good?"
"You okay?"

"Guys, we gotta go!" Steve yelled but a growl stopped them.
"Dart." Dustin recognized his pet and walked up to him. "Shh. Stop."

"Dustin, get back."
"Trust me, please." Cassie didn't want to trust him, but they didn't have any other choice. "Hey. It's me, it's me. It's just your friend, it's Dustin. It's Dustin, all right? You remember me? Will you let us pass?" Dart snarled. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about the storm cellar. That was a pretty douchey thing to do. You hungry? Yeah?" Dustin pulled some nougat out of his backpack and Cassie thought he's insane.

"He's insane." Lucas spoke up and Cassie replied with "Shut up."

"I've got our favorite. See? Nougat. Look at that. Yummy. Here, all right? Eat up, buddy. Come on. Come on. Let's go. There's plenty. I've got more. Goodbye, buddy." Dart ate the nougat meanwhile the kids ran.

"Let's go, let's go!"

"Jesus!"

"What was that?" Max asked as the ground shook.

"They're coming. Run! Run!"

"Let's go! Let's go!"
They already saw the rope and started to go up one by one.
"Go, go, go! Let's go! Come on! Come on!"
"Come on!"
"Come on, hurry up! Come on!"
"Come on, come on, come on!" First went Max, then Cassie, Then Lucas and then Mike, but Dustin and Steve remained in the hole.

"Dustin! Come on!"

"No!" Cassie looked away, unable to watch, but the monsters just ran past them.

"Eleven." Mike breathed out as the lights shined more than they should. But when they stopped, Cassie dropped to the ground.

"Cassie!" They all yelled.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know!"

"She's not breathing!"