CHAPTER SIXTEEN: i'm not fucking flayed!

Cassie was teaching her lessons as she felt eyes on her

Cassie was teaching her lessons as she felt eyes on her. She turned her head and saw the party. Cassie was confused, but taught her lesson, put her jean shorts and grey oversized sweatshirt, that actually belonged to Jamie over her swimsuit and walked to them. But now, it was just Max and El. "Hey, what's going on?" After Max explained what Will told them and their theory on how Billy could be flayed, they stood there watching Billy.

El eventually left and now it was just Cassie and Max. "Mike, are you there?" Max spoke in the walkie talkie. Mike spoke something back. "Where are you guys?" Mike said something about holding on a second and Max focused on Billy once again. "God, I hope it's not you. I really hope it's not you." Cassie grabbed the redhead's hand, interlocking their fingers and Max smiled on her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By now the pools was closed and the party were all hiding. They started making noises, to make Billy walked where they wanted to and Mike spoke in the walkie talkie. "Pool's closed. Hey. Do you hear me? Pool is closed!" Billy started to walk where they needed to and Cassie smiled. "Billy!"

"Who's there?"

"Billy!"

"Who's there?"

"Billy! Billy!"

"You think this is funny, huh?"

"Billy. Come and find me."

"I find you, it is your funeral."

"Come and get me. Come on! Billy!"

"Got you."

"Come and get me, you piece of shit. Hey. Behind you." Cassie and El walked out of their hiding spots. "Hi." El flung Billy into a wall and Cassie thought everything was supposted to as the party ran out of their hiding spots, until she heard Max speak. "I'm so sorry Cassie." Cassie furrowed her brows. "What?" The next thing she knew, was that someone pushed her in the sauna as everyone locked the door. Cassie groaned as she rubbed her temples. She hit her head pretty hard. "Max." She heard Billy say as she closed her eyes for a second, until she didn't feel like herself.

She eventually got up and walked to the door. "What the fuck is this! Let me out! He's a fucking psycho, he'll kill me!" She yelled and as if on cue Billy grabbed her by her hair, slamming her head into a wall. "Just open the door! Max! Let me out of here! Let me out. You kids... You think this is funny? You kids think this is some kind of sick prank, huh? You little shits think this is funny? What is this?" Cassie got up. "Open the door. Open the door! Open the door! Open the goddamn door!" Billy yelled at the same time as Cassie yelled. "Open the fucking door! Open the door! Open the fucking door!"

Billy crouched down and started crying. "It's not my fault. It's not my fault. It's not my fault, Max. I promise you, it's not my fault." Cassie watched him, emotioless. "What's not your fault, Billy?" Max walks to the door. "I've done things, Max. Really... bad things. I didn't mean to. He made me do it. Who made you do it? I don't know, it's like a shadow. Like a giant shadow. Please, Max." Billy kept crying. "What did he make you do?" A tear escaped Max's eye. "It's not my fault, okay? Max, please. Please, believe me, Max, it's not my fault. I tried to stop him, okay? I did. Please believe me, Max. Please believe me." Max put her hand on the glass. "Billy, it's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay. We want to help you. We want to help you. You just have to talk to us, okay? You have to talk to us. I believe you, Billy. We'll figure it out together, okay?"