CHAPTER EIGHT: reunion.

"Eleven

"Eleven." Mike was the first to walk towards the girl.
"Mike." Eleven gasped and they hugged.
"Is that..." Max trailed off and Cassie nodded, her eyes watering but this time from pure happiness.
"I never gave up on you.I called you every night. Every night for..."
"353 days. I heard." El finished his sentence.
"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"
"Because I wouldn't let her. The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper spoke up, catching the girls attention.
"Where have you been?" The girl shot back and Hopper just hugged her, glad that she's okay.
"You've been hiding her?" Cassie spoke up as she realized it.
"You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike catched on what was Cassie saying.
"Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper took Mike to some other room and Cassie walked toward Eleven.

"Oh god, i missed you so much." The Harrington girl said as she wrapped her hands around the short haired girl.

"I missed you too" El hugged back. "I've seen the red thing in your hands, are you like me?" "Uhm, in some way i guess." Cassie chuckled and Eleven went to Dustin and Lucas.

"We missed you."
"I missed you, too."
"We talked about you pretty much every day."

"Teeth."
"What?"
"You have teeth."
"Oh. You like these pearls?" Dustin purred and El flinched.
"Eleven? Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Max wanted to shake her hand, but El just walked past her to Joyce. Cassie grabbed the redheads hand for comfort and Dustin connected the dots.

"Hey Cassie? What red thing was she talking about?" Cassies eyes widened, they didn't know.

"Oh, uhm, this." She said as she made the mist reappear.

"Woah, that's so cool, you're like the scarlet witch." Dustin looked at her in awe, meanwhile Lucas seemed confused.

"How- uhm, just how?"

"I'm actually not sure. But i think it's from this glowy thing i touched in the upside down, while my hand was bleeding."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all trying to come up with a plan as they were sitting in a circle.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs."
"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected him.
"I'm sorry, what?" Hopper sighed.
"I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass..." Dustin trailed off.
"How is this important right now?"
"It's not. I'm sorry."
"I can do it."
"You're not hearing me."
"I'm hearing you. I can do it."

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies."
"I thought that was the whole point."
"It is, but if we're really right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..."

"Will's a part of that army." Cassie realized.
"Closing the gate will kill him."

"He likes it cold." Joyce muttered.
"What?"
"It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold. We keep giving it what it wants. If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..."
"Then we need to make the host uninhabitable."

"So if he likes it cold..."
"We need to burn it out of him."
"Yeah, but we have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Cassie said.
"Yeah, somewhere far away."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plan was set. Nancy, Jonathan, Joyce and WIll will go to Hoppers cabin. El and Hop will go to the lab and the rest will stay there.

Right now, Dustin and Steve were putting the demogorgon in the fridge, Mike was pacing, Lucas was watching him and Max with Cassie were cleaning the glass.

"Mike, would you just stop already?"
"You weren't in there, okay, Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs."
"The chief will take care of her."
"Like she needs protection." Max spoke up and to be honest, she's got a point.
"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve came into the living room and he looked like a mom.
"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench."
"So my point is... Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do." Steve stammered, knowing that Mike was right.
"That's not entirely true. I mean, these Demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away. If we get their attention..."
"Maybe we can draw them from the lab. Clear a path to the gate."
"Yeah, and then we all die."
"That's one point of view."
"No, that's not a point of view, Cassie. That's a fact. Hey, don't roll your eyes at me!"
"I got it! This is where the chief dug his hole. This is our way into the tunnel. So... Here, right here. This is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe if we set this on fire..."
"Oh, yeah? That's a no."
"The mind flayer would call away his army."
"We circle back to the exit."

"Guys."

"By the time they realize we're gone..."

"El would be at the gate."

"Hey. Hey! Hey! This is not happening."

"But..."

"No, no, no, no, no. No buts. I promised I'd

keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactly what I plan on. We're staying here. On the bench. And we're waiting for the starting team to do their job. Does everybody understand?"

"This isn't a stupid sports game." Mike tried to protest.

"I said does everybody understand that? I need a yes." The kids heard an engine revving and went to the window, immedietlly recognizing the car.
"It's my brother. He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us." Max looked between Lucas and Cassie looking genuenlly scared.
Steve went outside to talk to him, but Billy saw them in the window and walked into the house.

"Well, well, well. Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise. I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max."
"Billy, go away."
"You disobeyed me. And you know what happens when you disobey me."
"Billy..."
"I break things." Billy took Lucas by his Jacket and pinned him againts a wall while all the kids were shouting at him.
"Billy! Stop! Billy! Stop!"
"Get off of me, you..."
"Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will. You stay away from her. Stay away from her! You hear me?"
"I said get off me!" Lucas kicked him between his legs and Billy grunted.
"So dead, Sinclair! You're dead."
"No. You are." Steve spoke up, catching Billy's attention.
"Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh? I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about."

"Get out." Steve lightly pushed him and Billy tried to punch him, but Steve ducked in time and punched him himself. The kids were encouraging Steve except Max who was worried about Billy, and Cassie who was worried about Steve, let's just say, he isn't good at fighting.

"Yes! Kick his ass, Steve!"

" Get him!"

"Murder the son of a bitch! Now! Now!"

"Get that shithead!"

"Kill the son of a bitch!"

Cassie yelled "Steve!" at the same time as Max yelled "Billy!"

"Holy shit!" Billy took a plate and threw it at Steve's head.
Steve groaned and was walking backwards.
"No one tells me what to do!" Steve fell and Cassie knew, she had to do something.
"Whoo! Get up!"
Billy got on top of Steve and threw one punch after another at his face, and that's when Cassie saw the injection they used on Will. She picked it up and walked towards Billy.

"Hey dickhead! Get away from my brother!" Cassie shouted at him and Billy didn't have time to react as she jabbed the needle in his neck.

"The hell is this? You bitch, what did you do? What did you do?"
Max saw what Cassie did and decided to step up, she took Steves bat and walked towards Billy.
"From here on out, you leave me and my friends alone. Do you understand?"
"Screw you." Max swung the bat, missing him by an inch and Billy looked there.
"Say you understand! Say it! Say it!" She yelled
"I understand."
"What?"

"I understand." She dropped the bat and took Billys keys.

"Let's get out of here."