CHAPTER FOURTEEN: boyfriends lie and reunions are the best.

Cassie walked in the shop "Hey Joyce

Cassie walked in the shop "Hey Joyce." she greeted, "Oh, hi honey." Cassie walked to the aisle with pads and heard Hopper come in the shop. Shit, that made it harder. Sure, periods were normal, but her parents tought her to never talk about it. Cassie just grabbed what she needed and went to the counter placing it there. "Hey Hop." Hopper turned to her with a wide smile and greeted her aswell. "Hi, Cassie." He was in a weirdly good mood, Cassie thought. She paid, took her belongings, dropped them off at her house and then went to Max's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, you can do it." Cassie encouraged the red head, who tried but failed. Cassie reacted quickly and caught her before Max could fall, the skateboard rollin away, until someon stomped on it and picked it up. "Hi." El walked towards them. "Hi?" Max was confused and Cassie just smiled at the short haired girl in front of her. "Can we talk?" The three girls got to Max's room and Eleven started explainig.

The two girls were sitting on Max's bed, while Max paced in front of them. "And then he said he... he missed me. And then he just hung up." El explained. "He's a piece of shit." Cassie said. "What?" El turned to her. "Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick." Max reasoned. "I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now." She continued. "But friends don't lie." El doubted. "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie." Cassie replied and Max added "All the time." with wide eyes.

"You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist." Max sat down next to the girl. "Doesn't exist?" El repeated. "He treated you like garbage." Cassie reasoned. "You're gonna treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine." Max continued. "Give him the medicine." El repeated once again. Mm-hmm. And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself," The two girls looked at each other and spoke in unision "dump his ass." Max stood up grabbing Cassie's and then El's hand. "Come on." She encouraged. "Where are we going?" El asked. "To have some fun." Max looked at Cassie. "There's more to life than stupid boys, you know." Cassie added.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three girls got off the bus. "So, what do you think?" El's smile faded and Cassie noticed. "Hey, what's wrong?" Cassie's voice was full of concern. "Too many people. Against the rules." El explained and Max laughed. "Seriously? You have superpowers. What's the worst that could happen?" True, Cassie's powers never dissapeared, she just refused to use them. The girls ran to the center of the mall and looked around. "So, what should we do first?" Max saw the confusion in the short haired girl's eyes and asked. "You've never been shopping before, have you? Well, then I guess we're just gonna have to try everything." Cassie saw The Gap and immediatelly took both of the girls by hands and lead them towards it. "Ooh. Come on."

El was looking at a piece of clothing and Max asked. "Do you like that?" El's smile faded. "How do I know... what I like?" Max smiled. "You just try things on. Until you find something that feels like you." Max explained "Like me?" El asked. "Yeah." Max confirmed. "Not Hopper. Not Mike. You." Cassie added.