CHAPTER TEN: where am i?

The monitor kept beeping and it drove Cassie insane

The monitor kept beeping and it drove Cassie insane. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw someone. "Where am i?" Her voice was raspy and the person shot up. "Hey Cassie, how are you?" Cassie recognised who it was. Her brother. "Hey Steve, what happened?"

"Well, you died for like 2 or 3 minutes, but we saved you."

"Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, i can call them here."

"Okay." Steve started walking out but Cassie needed to know one more thing.

"Hey Steve?"

"Yeah?"

"Did they call mom and dad?" She asked worried.

"Yes, they did." Cassie frowned "But i called them and told them you just fell, so they're not coming back"

"Thank you."

"Oh, and also the doctors said, that they will run some tests and maybe you can tomorrow leave." And with that he went to get everyone.

After a minute her room was filled with everyone. They talked and talked until they all had to go home. All except Max.

"I'll leave you two here, i need to go too." Steve said his goodbyes and left the two girls alone.

"You really scared me."

"I know, i'm sorry." Max was looking on the floor and Cassie had an idea.

"But i can make it up to you, if you want to." Max looked up. "Well, every year there's this school dance and it's really cheesy, but it's great. So if you want to, you could go with me." Max smiled.

"You would pick me out of all the guys who are talking about asking you to go there with you?"

"Anytime" Cassie grinned. Max was happy, Cassie was happy. The two girls leaned in and their lips touched. Again. "We should say, what are we because this is driving me insane."

Max grinned "How about girlfriends?" Cassies smile became wider and she nodded.