CHAPTER FIFTEEN: where is Heather?

The next morning when Cassie woke up, she found a note saying that Jamie and Jen had to go home and unpack

The next morning when Cassie woke up, she found a note saying that Jamie and Jen had to go home and unpack. She went to the bathroom and she was a mess. The eyeshadow, the eyeliner, the mascara, the lipstick, it was all smudged. But because Jen thought sparkles under eyes ere a great idea, her smudged eye makeup, looked like it was supposted to be like that. Not that she had a complete break down. She knew she had to teach today and look presentable, so she had to put makeup on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie tought her lesson, but it started raining, so she was currentlly sitting with her two colegues behind the reception, reading a magazine and sipping on her coke. She heard someone come in and didn't bother to look up. "No one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike." She said. "And don't try and argue with me. You wanna get electrocuted, go climb a tree." The boy on her right added. "Yeah, we don't care. We're not here to swim. Or get electrocuted. We found this. Does that belong to anybody?" Cassie looked up, hearing a familiar voice. "Oh, yeah. That's Heather's. I'll get it back to her." He continued. "We could give it back to her." Cassie felt like somehing's wrong. "You could. 'Cept she's not here. Bailed on me today. What is this? You girls want a reward or somethin'?" "No. We're just... Good Samaritans." The two girls walked away from the counter, Max signaling for the Harrington girl to follow them. "Heather." El looked at a picture. "Do you think you can find her?" As a response, the brunette ripped the picture.

After Max explained everything about Billy and Heather to Cassie, the two girls were turning on the showers. They got to the last one and the redhead turned towards Cassie. "Are you okay?" Cassie froze for a second. "Yeah, i'm fine, why wouldn't i be?" Cassie put on a brave face, but Max wasn't covinced. "No reason, just checking." Max kissed Cassie's nose and walked towards El, the brunette following. El put on the googles and went into the void. "What do you see?" Max broke the silence. "A door. A red door." After a moment Eleven started hyperventalating and Cassie immediatelly crouched in front of the girl and hugged her. "What happened? El!" Max voice was full of concern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were biking to Heather's house and Cassie got another nosebleed. Shit. She quickly wiped it on her sleeve and continued biking, but she didn't notice the two girls looking at her in concern.

They finally got to Heather's house and knocked, but no one opened. Max turned to El, signaling for the girl to open the door with her powers, but before the girl could even turn back, Cassie nodded her head and the door flung open. The two girls looked at her with both concern and awe, but Cassie just walked in, the two girls followed soon.

"This is her house. Heather's house." Max said as she looked at a picture. The girls continued walking until they got to the dinning room. Billy looked at them as his smile faded. "Max." He stood up. "We didn't mean to... barge in. We tried to knock, but... maybe you didn't hear us over the storm." Max defended. "I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" The man, Tom, Cassie recognised him. He knew her father. "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this... is my sister, Maxine and her friend Cassandra." Billy placed his hands on the girls' shoulders and Cassie felt his ice cold hand. "What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Billy looked from Cassie to Max. "We just wanted to make sure everything was okay." Billy furrowed his brows. "Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?" Cassie knew something was wrong, he was too nice. "Where is she?" El butted in. "I'm sorry. Where is who?" He said and Heather as if on cue walked out of the kitchen.

"Well, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry..." All eyes went to her. "Heather! This is my sister, Maxine. Her friend Cassandra. And, I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your name." Billy turned to El. "El." She replied. "El. Now, what is it you were saying, El? You were looking for somebody?" El furrowed her brows. "I... I saw... I saw you..." She started but Max cut her off. "Your manager. At the pool. He said you guys didn't come in to work today, so we got worried." Max corrected. "Heather wasn't feeling so hot today, so we thought we'd take the day off to nurse her back to health. But you're feeling just fine right now, aren't you, Heather?" Heather smiled, but it all looked so fake. "I'm feeling so much better. Do you girls want a cookie? They're fresh out of the oven." They all refused and walked outside, biking to Max's house.

Meanwhile El brushed her teeth, the two girls were in Max's bed, cuddling and kissing, enjoying every second of privacy. The two girls pulled away to breathe and Cassie looked at the alarm on Max's nightstand. "Oh shit, i have to go home. I need to take a new swimsuit, i gotta go to the pool tomorrow." Max frowned. "And what if you didn't" Cassie smiled. "I have to, but if i didn't i think El would catch us." Max laughed. "Yeah, you're right." Cassie stood up. "I'll leave you two to have a nice sleepover, but i'll call you tomorrow." Cassie kissed Max for the last time and hugged El goodbye as she walked out of the bathroom. Cassie biked back to her house and didn't find Steve there. Weird.

She decided to knock on the Riley-Becker house and Jen opened the door. "Hey Cass, come in." After that, Cassie helped them unpack the rest of their things. After they were done, they went to Cassie's house, because no one was there and smoked some weed as they talked about anything and everything.