CHAPTER SEVEN: attack and escape.

The 4 adults and 3 kids found themselfs hiding in some room

The 4 adults and 3 kids found themselfs hiding in some room. Everyone was nervous, because no one knew how to escape.

"Look, this is us, and this is the nearest exit. But even if we somehow make it there, there's no way out."
"What do you mean?"
"The locks are fail secure."
"Fail secure?"
"If there's a power outage, the building goes on lockdown."
"Can it be unlocked remotely?"
"With a computer, sure, but somebody's gotta reset the breakers."
"Where are the breakers?"
"Breakers are in the basement, three floors down."
"Hey Hop, where do you think you're going?" Cassie spoke up this time
"To reset the breakers."
"Okay, then what?"
"Then we get out of here."

"No, then the power comes back on."

"She's right, if you wanna unlock the doors, you have to reboot the computer system, and then override the security codes with a manual input."

"Fine, how do I do that?"

"You can't. Not unless you know BASIC."

"I don't know what that means."

"It's a computer programming language." Mike joned the conversation.
- Teach it to me.
"Shall I teach you French while I'm at it, Jim? How about a little German? How about you, Doc? You speak BASIC?" Bob scoffed.
"No." The doctor sighed.
"Okay, I got this. I got this."
"No. Bob."

"It's okay. It's gonna be okay. Remember, Bob Newby, superhero." And with that Bob left and after a while Doctor Owens spoke up.

"He made it." Cassie felt relief. "Okay, Bob, can you hear us?" He continued. "We hear you."

"It's open." Cassie heard Bob say and felt another wave of relief.

"Son of a bitch did it." Hopper was reliefed as well as everyone in the room.

"Nice job." They wanted to go, but doctor Owens stopped them.
"Hold on a second, Chief."
"What's wrong?"
"West stairwell's not clear anymore." Cassies breath hitched as those words left his mouth.
"What's going on?"
"We've got some company."
"Where?"
"The west stairwell." Bob said something about an idea.
"What the hell's he doing?"
"Okay. Okay, that worked. Now, get out of there. Go! Go!" And with that, the group started walking to the nearest exit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They made it outside and Cassie was standing with Mike, meanwhile the two adults were waiting for Bob. But when she heard gunshots she knew something was wrong. "No." Cassie whispered and ran back inside while Mike was shouting at her to stay.

When Cassie opened the door she saw a demogorgon on Bob, attacking him and Hopper trying to lead Joyce outside.

"No!" Cassie screamed as she focused and made a red mist in her hands again and threw it at the monster.

It flew a few feet away, but it didn't really help, since there were more. Hoppe took the girl aswell as Joyce a lead them outside, while Cassie was protesting.