CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: when it rains, it storms.

Steve picked them up in the morning and they bought some food for Eddie

Steve picked them up in the morning and they bought some food for Eddie. "Delivery service." Dustin kicked the door and Eddie lowered the bottle, he was holding. "So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" By now Eddie was munching at some cereal. "Bad news first, always." He shook his head. "All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin shrugged. "Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max added. "And the good news?" Eddie scoffed. "Your name hasn't gone public yet." Robin butted in. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Dustin agreed with the girl. "Hunt the freak, right?" He said with disgust and Cassie felt bad for the boy.

"Exactly." Cassie spoke up. "Shit." Eddie looked down. "So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin said as if it was easy. "That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie scoffed. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin shrugged. "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this." Robin smiled. "We usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so... Yeah, um Cassie has super powers, but she doesn't want to use them, plus there is no point in it, since she can't open gates, so..." Eddie looked surprised at Cassie. So we're technically in more of the...Kinda..." Steve tried to find the right words.

"Brainstorming phase." Max said and Steve nodded. "There... There's nothing to worry about." Dustin said in a high pitched tone. They heard sirens wailing near them and they all ran to the window. "Tarp. Tarp. Tarp." Dustin and Steve covered Eddie and they all ran to his car, to follow the cars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They got there just to see a body on the road, covered with a white sheet and Nancy talking to an officer.

Soon Nancy joined them on the benches and tried to understand everything. "You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" She looked at them. "If the shoe fits." Steve confirmed. "Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know. All we know is this is something different. Something new." Dustin told the girl. "Doesn't make sense." She looked down again. "It's only a theory." Dustin shrugged. "No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy looked up on them. "Maybe they were just in the wrong place." Robin tried. "Were both at the game." Cassie stated. "And near the trailer park." Dustin added. "We're at the trailer park. Uh, should we maybe not be here?" Steve looked uncomfortably around. "There is something about this place. Fred started acting weird the second we got here."