2. All Out Of Luck

* Edited* 

Ella's POV:

I pace the hotel room for what feels like hours trying to figure out a plan on what the hell I was going to do with my life, I didn't have anything set in stone but there are three things I do know, one I can't be walking around or leaving this amount of cash laying around for just anyone to see, secondly, I needed to find a job and thirdly I needed a more permanent living situation, I know it's only a basic plan but it's a step in the right direction to get my independence back. I went through all the bags until I found my phone as well I emptied the contents of one of the duffle bags on the bed taking the cash from the suitcase and placing it in the now empty duffle bag along with my wallet, I pressed the power button on my phone praying it still had some battery and to my surprise it was fully charged did Xavier do this too. 

I shake the thought out of my head before finding a little laminated piece of paper sticky taped down on the bedside table with the hotel's wifi name and password, I quickly connect to the Wi-Fi, open up Safari, and type in the name of my bank quickly finding the closet one to be nearly two blocks away from the hotel. I quickly called the bank making sure they were one open and two that I could even make a cash deposit of this much which I felt stupid for asking but the kind lady on the other end of the phone didn't seem to mind, happily telling me to come in and they would take care of everything for me. I hang up the phone sighing deeply knowing I'm about to do a lot of walking I quickly throw my phone in the duffle bag with the cash and my wallet already in it before zipping it up. I walk over to the bed which is now a little mountain of my clothing and shoes before picking up a pair of white tennis shoes and a pair of white frilly socks wanting to be as comfortable as possible. 

I quickly put my socks and shoes on before taking the duffle bag and swinging it over my shoulder before taking my hotel room key off the bedside table and leaving the room locking the door behind me, unzipping the duffle bag, and throwing the key in there with everything else before walking to the elevator and making my way back to the ground floor in a matter of seconds. I walk out of the hotel, open maps on my phone, and walk the nearly two blocks to my bank, once I arrive I walk inside and greet the lady at the front desk and thankfully she was the kind lady that spoke to me over the phone earlier, she walked me over to a banker that would help me and all I had to do was fill out a few forms identifying that I was the owner of my account and other boring things, but soon enough I was handing the man the cash and he told me it would be added to my account by the end of the day, I quickly thank the banker before leaving. Once outside the building, my stomach grumbles loudly in hunger, I look around for something to eat and spot a small cafe called Wonderland across the road, just as I am walking into the small cozy cafe I spot a sign on the window saying help wanted, causing me to smile hey maybe this whole independence thing won't be so hard after all I seem to be having some good luck so far. I open the door to the cafe causing a small bell to ring over the door and a red-headed lady with a kind smile to speak.

" Hi, how can I help you today?"

She questions once I'm standing in front of the counter.

" Are you still hiring? I saw your sign in the window"

I say quickly offering her a smile back.

" We certainly are, we're very short-staffed at the moment are you looking for a job"

She says happily.

" Yes I just moved to the area, and I used to work at a cafe just across town" 

I say honestly.

" Wonderful well since there's no one here at the moment we may as well do a quick little interview now, My name is Alice and I own this place but don't be nervous I like you already what did you do at your old cafe ?"