6. Breathe Again

*Edited*

Xavier's POV:

We finally get to the car and Ella is still clinging to me tightly, I gesture to Ryder to open the back door which he does quickly, I go to try and put Ella down on the car seat so I can slide in beside her but, she just lets out a whine and holds on to me tighter if that were even possible.

"It's okay I'm not going anywhere, I'm just putting you down so I can get into the car little one I promise I'm not leaving you ever again"

I say gently stroking her hair, before Ryder leaves us and walks around the car to the driver's side quickly jumping in and closing the door behind him.

" Can I put you on the seat so I can get in the car beside you then I promise I will pick you back up"

I say gently, she says nothing just shakes her head no, still clinging onto me hiding her face in the crook of my neck. I sigh deeply before unwrapping my arms from around her causing her to hold on more tightly like a little Kola, so I could climb into the car and shut the door behind us, it was an effort but in the end, I got us both into the car.

" Where to boss?"

Ryder questions still looking at the girl clinging on to me, I know they've all missed Ella as much as me but I don't want to overwhelm her given her current emotional state.

" Home"

I say quickly, and I feel Ella's body tense before she looks up at me with her tear-stained cheeks and fresh tears now threatening to fall from her eyes.

" What's wrong angel?"

I question gently rubbing circles on her back.

" I no wanna go home I wanna stay with you Daddy, but you no want me to stay with you no more"

She says slipping deep into her little space to deal with everything that is happening around her.

" Now what would give you that idea, if I didn't want you here why would I be holding you just as tightly as you're holding me"

I say trying to calm her down.

" Because I left you Daddy but I no wanna leave you no more "

She says as the tears fall from her eyes causing me to gently reach up and wipe them away.

" Then you don't have to angel" 

I say quickly causing her to look up at me.

" Do you wanna know a secret?" 

I question causing her to look at me in curiosity nodding her head yes. 

" I really missed you and I don't want you to leave ever again"

I say honestly placing a gentle kiss on her cheek making her blush.

"You promise?"

She questions still unsure.

" Of course princess, I promise we will never be apart ever again, let's go home okay"

I say gently kissing her forehead, Ryder turns on the car about to drive off but Ella yells out quickly stopping him.

" Wait we can't "

She yells making me look down at her in confusion.

" Why can't we go home?"

I question.

" Daisy and Leo we can't leave them at my home all alone Daddy and I can't sleep without them"