23. I Couldn't Picture My Life Without You

Ella's POV:

It's been a few weeks since we came home from the hospital and to say Xavier makes a horrible patient would be the understatement of the century, he's currently having physical therapy for his arm that is now out of a cast and in a brace until he gets his strength back he has to do these daily exercises with a nurse who comes and checks on him every day which annoys him to no end I feel bad for the poor lady, in good news though Ryder finally asked Kayla to be his girlfriend which made me happy to see them both happy. Ryder had to stay in the hospital a little longer than Xavier due to his more severe burns but he is now home as well but now wearing a moon boot instead of a cast but he still has to use crutches, which he's not a fan of and has fallen flat on his face a few times which was amusing to watch but his temper much like Xavier's was not so amusing.

" Get the fuck out"
Xavier yells loudly at the poor nurse pulling me out of my thoughts.

" Sir I'm just doing my job if you would just"
She goes to say more but Xavier stands up towering over her before pointing at the door.

" Out"
He says in a final tone, I can see the fear in her eyes she says nothing just walks out of the living room saying a quick goodbye to me before disappearing.

" Angel"
Xavier sighs in frustration flopping down on the couch I say nothing just skip over and sit on his lap snuggling against his chest.

" I hate this shit you know"
He groans.

"No, really I couldn't tell"
I say giggling earning me a hard slap on the butt with his good hand making me whimper.

" Hey I may be cripple at the moment but I still have one good hand"
He says making me giggle more as he runs his fingers softly through my hair with his good hand,

" So what does my little angel want to do for the rest of the afternoon"
He says after a few moments of comfortable silence.

" You know what one of my favourite days with you was"
I say sitting up a little so I'm looking into his eyes.

" of course"
He says smiling.

" When we had the picnic in the backyard and we just ate and laid cuddling watching the clouds and I ran around twirling around with Daisy and Leo before Ryder scared me half to death that is"
I say dramatically causing him to laugh at the memory.

" I remember that you looked so cute and carefree"
He says smiling.

" So you want to have another backyard picnic with me, Daddy?"
I question.

" Of course but the food won't be as good without Lottie around"
He says sadly.

"Whatever happened to her I miss her ?"
I question.

" Let's just say when you left I became more of a monster than I have ever been and said more than my fair share of choice words to her causing her to leave and tell me that I'm an idiot for ever letting you go"
He says giving me a quick summary.

" She was right you know"
I tease making him roll his eyes.

" If I remember correctly you're the one who wanted to leave and find yourself"
He says teasingly making my heart hurt at the painful memories.

"I'm sorry daddy"
I say quickly.

" Hey none of that I was only joking I know you did what you had to I'm just glad you came home to me"
He says smiling kissing my cheek gently before we both stand up from the couch and make our way into the kitchen.

" So what would you like to eat on this picnic little one?"
He questions as we walk into the kitchen both standing near the big island bench.

" Well, we need lunch so maybe a sandwich's daddy?"
I question as he nods his head yes walking over to the refrigerator and pulling out the ingredients and placing them on the counter behind him.