La Douleur Exquise - 23

( n. ) the heart_wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable.

 ) the heart_wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable

After the text he got from Rooh, Zaviyaan had calmed down a little. He used to eat one meal a day and most importantly he used to sleep at home now. For the past ten days Zaviyaan had been very busy working on a very important project. It had been one month since Rooh had left and all the family members had thought maybe Zaviyaan's madness towards her had subsided a little. But poor babies were not aware of the storm that was raging inside Zaviyaan.

So much had happened in this one month. Anabiya had finally completed her masters and Zaviyaan had turned 29. To his surprise everyone in the house remembered his birthday and Anabiya even threw a birthday party for him. All of it didn't mean anything to him. He didn't want anything from them.

Zaviyaan was in his room working on his upcoming presentation when he heard a subtle knock on his door, he paused for a while and then permitted them to come in. He looked up from his tablet to see his dado giving him a warm smile. He quickly put it aside and motioned her to sit down. Dado came and sat down beside him, she carefully caressed his face looking at him with love and adoration.

"Kuch kehna tha aapne?" He asked. She hummed and nodded her head.

"Bache, I am here to ask you something and I expect you to be completely honest with me .'' she said making him nod.

''Bolein dado, kuch baat aapko pareshan kar rahi hai?" he asked seeing that she was quiet.

"Zaviyaan bache, aapne apne future ka kya socha hai?" she asked warily.

"what are you trying to say dado, mujhe kya sochna hai apne future ka?" he looked at her dumbfounded.

"Zaviyaan , you just turned 29 . It's about time you think about settling down.'' she tried to make him understand.

''I am already well settled.'' he said completely oblivious.

''Zaviyaan hum aapki shaadi ki baat kar rahe hain. All of us want you to get settled." dado said giving up.

"Shaadi? Dado I haven't thought about getting married and besides I don't think I'm fit for any girl." he honestly replied.

"Is there someone in your mind , if there is you can tell me . I will support you no matter what." she lied to manipulate him.

"Nahi dado, there's no one." he said honestly not knowing this one statement will lead him towards destruction.

"Zaviyaan I need you to be honest!" she tried again. But Zaviyaan gave the red signal making her sigh in relief. She was sure that Zaviyaan hasn't realised his feelings yet and before he does she'll make him marry Anabiya.

"What if I tell you that there is someone who wants marry you?" she stated making his eyes widen. Her smiling face with prominent dimples flashed in front of his face making his heart beat quicken.

"Who are you talking about?"

"Tumhe kya lagta hai kon chahta hai tumhe sab se zyada? " Zaviyaan forgot how to breathe, deep down he wanted it to be Rooh but he was trying his best to conceal it. But instead he shook his head.

"Beta Anabiya aap se bachpan se mohabbat karti hain or hum chahte hai aap dono nikkah kar lein," she paused. Zaviyaan looked flabbergasted he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed loudly.

'What the fuck was I expecting how can I even think like that? She's just a teen!!'

His dado looked at him and seeing the state he was in she held his hand.

'' She's the best for you. agar aap haan kardein toh hum Zafer se baat kar lein. " sge requested.

Zaviyaan's head was messed up and he didn't want to agree to anything in this state.

''i don't know dado, I am not ready yet." he tried to dodge.

''Zaviyaan what's the hurry aap bas haan kardein , I want to see your and Anabiyas family before I die." emotional blackmail . It was her last but most effective card. And as expected Zaviyaan gave in.

A FEW DAYS LATER>

Zaviyaan entered dining hall when Anabiya popped in front of him,

''Do you need anything ?" she asked , her voice was making him sick.

"I came here to eat, have you joined the helpers now?" he replied.

"I just want to take care of my soon to be husband.'' Zaviyaan felt bile rising to his throat . He didn't like this, this felt so wrong to him. So so wrong.

Zaviyaan didn't want to prolong the conversation so he decided to ignore her. He was about to take a sip of his juice when Ali rushed into the dining hall startling Anabiya. He directly went towards Zaviyaan and dropped the bomb on him making his knees go weak.

'' Bhai, Rooh!!" he panted.

Zaviyaan stood up immediately giving his undivided attention to ali.

''What about Rooh? Kya hua hai Ali??" he asked impatiently making anabiya cringe. Ali stood there contemplating whether to tell him or not. Zaviyaan was about loose his mind.

"Ali say something!! For God's sake!!" he grabbed his collar and shook him violently.

Hearing the commotion going on the dining hall everyone gathered quickly.

"Zaviyaan let him go! kya hogya hai?'' Khushboo tried to intervene.

''Ali don't test my patience, Please tell me what happened ." Zaviyaan pleaded making everyone else gasp. What made Zaviyaan like this?

Seeing Zaviyaan's condition Ali wasn't going to be the one to disclose this news to him. He quickly fetched his phone out of his pocket, playing a video he handed it to Zaviyaan. Zaviyaan took hold of the phone eagerly.

"A group of students who were on an adventurous trip in Gilgit Baltistan were out to explore when they met a mishap. Targeted by a sudden glacial outburst and snow avalanche altogether some of the students died on the spot and a the rest are severely injured. "

Zaviyaan's vision was blurring, the ringing in his ears started getting louder and louder. He threw the phone on nearest wall. He grabbed his own hair harshly and yelled .

"Zaviyaan calm down, Zaroori toh nahi k Rooh bhi mar-'' Anabiya was cut off by Zaviyaan throwing a vase just an inch away from her feet making her yelp in fear.

"Jaan se maar dunga agar dobara aisi bakwas ki toh.'' he said pointing a finger towards her making her shiver.

''Pagal hogaye ho?? Tumhari hone wali biwi hai !! Tameez se baat karo.'' Pashmeena scolded Zaviyaan. Zaviyaan gave her a menacing look and said,

"Jiska naam isne apni zubaan pe laaya wo duniya hai meri.." he said with a look that made shivers run down their spine, making Khushboo run towards him.

"Zaviyaan , Rooh ko kuch nahi hoga , Inn Shaa Allah wo sahi Salamat hogi," She tried to console him.

.

.

.

Was it good?

WRITTEN BY

FARAH❤