chapter 1.

Siya

"Mummy jamva ma su che?" I yelled as soon as I entered the house. Work is so tiring nowadays. Like why do we have to work why can't we just eat and sleep all day.

(Mom, what's for dinner?)

My mom came out of the kitchen and I was expecting her to yell at me like she usually does but she had a huge smile on her face.

"Teri favourite khichdi banayi hai." Then she dropped the smile and threw the napkin, that was on the couch, in my face. " Ghar ke andar pair rakha nahi ki khana khana karne lagti." Saying this she went back to the kitchen. Someone's pissed. Oh well yeh toh roz ka hai.

Then I went to my room to see my brother using skincare.

"Abey chomu kya kar raha hai tu? Tuje pata bhi hai woh cream kitne ki aati hai. Jaane de tu jaan ke kya he karega tere mein aukaat he nahi hai khareed ne ki." I shouted as i snatched my cream from his hand.

He then raised his index finger and started wiggling it," Didi aukaat pe mat jaana-"

Before he could finish that sentence i got a hold of his finger and twisted it.
"Tu chup baith mere bhai, tuje kitni baar bola hai ki meri cheezo ko haat mat laga but tuje sunn na he nahi hai."

"Ouchhh mera haat chodo yaar nahi lunga ab toh chod do haat." He screamed in my ear. "Aur main roz roz thodi na lagata hu kal main date pe jaa raha hu isiliye use Kiya."

I was not in the mood to argue with him so I told him to get out and with that he left. With a sigh I went to clean up the mess he created on my vanity and continued my usual routine which really just consists of eating and then sleeping.

Soon the day was over and I went to sleep.

                     ..................

The next morning I was awoken by my dear mother and was thrown to the bathroom to take a shower. Ugh, I hate waking up.

The day went on like it usually did. I showered, ate my breakfast and went to work. Work was easy going too today. Finally it was time to go home.

I stand outside my office gate and wave for an auto. I see another man in front doing the same. After a few moments an auto ,reads my mind and stops in front of me. Just as I was about to tell the driver uncle my location the man who was waiting came and beat me to it.

"Chalo bhaiya muje-" I interrupted him before he could say anything.

"Oh hello, sorry but woh mere liye ruke hai." I told him with a tight smile.

He let out a chuckle and replied," No I was here before you but I hope you can find another auto as soon as possible." He started to get in but I stopped him. As I should.

"Umm, no I was here first so you have no right to ride in this auto. I'll be praying that you get another auto soon too. Bye." I retorted and turned around to get in the auto just to see that the auto had left. Oh god I'm so tired. I just wanted to go home.

"Dekha yeh tumne kya kar diya agar muje jaane diya hota toh ek jan toh apne ghar poch he jaata. But nahi bhaisahab ko toh jagdna that ek auto keliye. Ab kal newspaper mein hum dono ka naam ayega ki 'ek haseena aur ek kaminey ki laash jaane maane company ke bahar mili'-" I was rudely interupted by the man in front of me.

"Areyy chup ho jao meri maa, muje kya pata tha ki bhaag jayega. Kya musibat seer pe aa gayi." He mumbled out the last part.

I glared at him and said," Tum bhi koi bada inaam nahi ho." The street we are in is very scary and quite at night and it's difficult to find a auto or any public transport source here. I guess I'll just have to call an uber. Or....

I called my brother. "Kya che tu?" I asked him.

(Where are you?)

"Date par kem?" He asked.

(On a date, why?)

"Ughhh Kai kaam no nathi tu!" I exclaimed and hung up on him.

(Ughhh you're so useless!)

I looked back to see the man looking at his phone. He cleared his throat and looked at me and said ," Look I was in a hurry that's why I needed that auto okay but thank you, thank you so much that you've made me feel guilty. I booked a cab and just tell me your address I'll drop you off on the way."

I looked at him skeptically," Do you do this every night?"

"What? I'm just trying to be nice and plus my mom raised me better than to leave a girl alone at night in a deserted area." He replied.

"Khud ki Kasam kha ke bol ki tu kuch try nahi karega." I stated.

He rolled his eyes and remarked," Ha bhai meri Kasam kuch nahi karunga ab toh chal."

I folded my hands and tried to act cool and said," Fine I'll come with you. By the way what's your name? Aur kuch dusra mat sochna ek anjaan ladke ke saath ja Rahi hu uska naam toh pata ho na chahiye na."

" Rishi. Rishi Verma. I'm a doctor not to brag or anything." He said with a proud smirk in his face.

I looked at him with a bored look on my face, " Pucha Maine? Anyways I'm Siya. Siya Thakkar."

Just then the cab arrived. He opened the door and went in and I followed him. The ride to my house was mostly silent.

"I hope you learnt your lesson, next time agar auto mile toh pehle dusre log ko jaane dena varna checkup ke jaga sabko Ghar chodne mein he zindagi chali jayegi." I commented with a sarcastic smile as I got out.

He let out the fakest laugh and said, " Acche joke maar leti ho ekdum joker ki tarah."

I rolled my eyes and told him thank you before going back to my house. With that he drove off.

A/n: soo how was it? Pls be gentle 😭💗