chapter 9.

Rishi

Today was the day. I'm going to be meeting the girl. And so far the only thing I know about her is her name, Siya. Now what are the odds that it would be her. It would be less awkward that's all. It's been quite a while since we saw each other and honestly she's a fun person to be around. But that doesn't mean I want to marry her.

Ugh what am I even thinking about. I'm a bit nervous,okay?

"Rishi, beta ready ho gaya?" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I replied back," Ha bas aa raha hu."

I looked at myself it the mirror one more time and left the room.

Remember Rishi, you are handsome and sweet and smart so if she rejects you it's her loss anyway.

I made my way downstairs while assuring myself false information to make me feel better.

"Hayee mera putar, kinna sona lag raha hai." She said as she made me bend down so she could kiss my forehead." Nazar na lage."

Tirth chuckled in distaste and commented," Muje shaadi karni thi but meri nahi ho rahi iski ho rahi hai

Tirth chuckled in distaste and commented," Muje shaadi karni thi but meri nahi ho rahi iski ho rahi hai. Aaj toh sab bhi dekh liya hai."

"Chup kar haraamkhor, padhai toh hoti nahi aur shaadi kar ni saheb ko." She hit him on the back.

"Papa samjao na." He whined to dad as he made his way towards us in the living room along with dadu and biji.

He just laughed and said," Sahi toh keh rahi hai. Chalo yeh sab chodo jaldi nikal te hai varna late ho jayenge."

"Kitna bada hogaya mera Rishi." Biji said in a sentimental voice as we made our way towards the car.

I said nothing and just hugged her from the side and kissed her temple.

           .......................................

The last thing I thought before I got into car was what if it is her? Well it is her because I'm sitting in front her parents right waiting for Siya to come out.

"Woh aati hogi abhi, Navya ja leke usko." Said Vidhya aunty.

After a few beat, she came out of the kitchen with a tray holding tea in hands.

And when she saw me her widened a fraction. And I slightly smirked at her. But she was quick to cover it with a shy smile.

I guess it wasn't just a surprise to me.

She served others first and at last came towards me and I couldn't help but notice how pretty she looked.

I want to marry her

I want to marry her.

Omg stop.

As she gave me the cup, our hands touched for a second and our gazes clashed. She has really pretty eyes.

Woah. My heart.

I wished the moment lasted sooner but it didn't.

As she went to stand beside Navya,her brother spoke up." Arey didi, Rishi Bhai ke baju mein baith jao." He motioned Tirth to get up.

"Ha ha aajao." Tirth said as he got up with a smug look on his face.

I could tell that she wanted to protest but she restrained herself and sat herself beside me. Our thighs were touching and I could feel the warmth radiating off of her.

Ughh just wanna hug her.

Our parents were already busy talking amongst themselves about us. So I decided to initiate the talk.

"Umm bohot acchi hai tu matlab dikhne main uh par aisa nahi hai ki tu Dil se acchi nahi hai, dil se bhi acchi hai but aisa muh se he galat nikal gaya. Stupid me." I blabbered away like a tool.

She looked at me with an incredulous look on her face," Chup kar, tu bhi accha dikh raha." She said acting nonchalantly.

Yep my heart is jumping.

Before I could reply to her biji spoke up and said," Agar inn dono ko akele mein baat karne de toh achha hoga na? Ek dusre ko thoda achhe se Jaan lenge agar aapko aitraaz na ho."

"Ji bilkul hume koi aitraaz nahi hai. Siya beta jao apne kamre mein leke jao." Her father, Anmol uncle, spoke up.

"Ha papa." She said with a soft smile on her face.

Itni bhola bante hua toh isko kabhi nahi dekha.

We made our way towards her room in complete silence. Neither of us spoke to each other.

When we entered her room. I looked around and saw many pictures of her with her friends and family, while she closed the door. Before I could get a word out of my mouth she beat me to it.

"Muje yeh shaadi nahi karni."

And there goes my heart, shattering in pieces.

A/n: yeah yeah it was a bit messy but deal with it okay and also why do I feel like I'm writing progressively shorter and shorter chapters 😭 but bear with me alright I'll try and write longer chapters with exams and all coming up it kinda hectic. Till then peace out. Byee.