chapter 15.

Siya

So today there's a get together at Rishi's. And least to say I'm shitting my pants because my grandma and grandpa and his dad's family are gonna be there and I'm just hoping that they get along. Our friends are also gonna be there and thank God for.

My family is downstairs chatting while I'm up here getting ready.

"Main aa gayi huuuu." Navya screamed as she burst through the door. I turned around so fast that I almost stumbled but regardless pulled her in for a hug.

"My pretty girl." I complimented her as I hugged her.

"Sundar toh main lag he rahi hu yaar." Arrogance dripped down her voice as she checked herself out on the mirror behind me.

"Chup kar aur chal ab muje ready hone mein help kar." I said as I settled on my vanity chair.

I continued my makeup while she curled my hair. "Yaar muje abhi bhi vishwas nahi ho raha ki teri shaadi ho rahi hai." She said in a sentimental tone.

I stopped applying my blush for a second and continued," Mujhe bhi nahi ho raha."

"Kal tak toh hum log college mein bunk maarne ki baat kar rahe the aur ab sab bade ho gaye." I could see her eyes glistening through the mirror.

"Mera makeup kharab hua na toh aisa mukka marungi na." I said as my voice thickened with emotions. I turned around and gave her a hug.

"Muje bhool mat jana shaadi ke baad." She said softly as she laid her head on my shoulder.

I cupped her cheeks and lifted her head so she was looking at me,"Pagal hai kya? Ek baar main usko bhool sakti hu tuje kabhi nahi."

Just as she was about to say something the door flung open again and revealed to be Niharika and Sona.
"Haww yeh kya romance chal Raha hai teri shaadi hone waali hai besharam." Niharika said. They were not able to Navya's face as she her back was facing them but as soon as she turned around their expression sobered up seeing a lone tear trickle down her cheek.

"Humare bina rona allowed nahi hai." Sona said as she pulled all three of us in a group hug.

"Tum dono ki toh shaadi ho gayi hai aur ab teri bhi hogi sirf mein reh jaungi." Navya whined trying to lighten the mood.

"Tere liye koi Rishi ka accha cousin dhund ke setting karva denge don't worry." I said.

" Haa lekin ab tu jaldi ready ho aadhe ghante mein nikalna hai." Sona said.

And I got ready and we left the house with my family.

..............................

When we rung the bell to the door my mother in law and father in law opened the door. I could see Rishi make his way and he stopped behind his parents.

"Namaste Vidhyaji, Anmol ji." She said toh my parents and then turned to my grandparents and also greeted them. While they were exchanging greetings my eyes made contact with Rishi's and he mouthed 'wow' while rubbing a hand over his heart.