chapter 13.

Trigger warning: mention of sexual assault

Siya

It has been so long since I dated anyone but now I'm getting married. Yes,me, I'm getting married. If you told me this first that I was getting involved in an arranged marriage. I would've fought you. No joke. But now I'm kind of excited.

Lately Rishi and I have been spending alot of time together. After his whole 'I said yes' drama, we went on a date again. Three days in total. I've got to know him alot better now. He's the most genuine person I've ever meant. His favourite colour is yellow said it indicates happiness, he loves Punjabi food, he is allergic to fish and cashew, he's a family man.And he's had a crush on me for a while. How cute.

Today all our friends are meeting up at Rishi's for little get together. And currently I'm getting ready with Navya in her room. Since Rika and Sona are already cuffed up they're gonna meet us directly at Rishi's while me and Navya are gonna go together.

 Since Rika and Sona are already cuffed up they're gonna meet us directly at Rishi's while me and Navya are gonna go together

"Maine Rishi ko pucha ki Shlok aa sakta hai ya nahi and he said yes. So Shlok is going to come pick us up." She said innocently my applying blush in front of the mirror.

My hand stopped midway from applying the mascara and I looked at her. Ummm...hold my earrings."You're joking right. You can't invite him. Last time yaad haina kya hua tha uski vajah se hum dono ke bich mein jagda hua tha." So basically we went on a double date and he had the audacity to flirt with me. And the sad part was that Navya defended him by saying that she had pissed him off that night. And we had a huge fight that she should break up with him;but she refused and here we are. "And don't start with the 'I mad him angry that night shit' that's not reasonable at all."

She looked at me and sighed,"I know that I should break it off with him. But he's actually nice sometimes. He makes me feel special and treats me in such a way that it makes me geniunely happy that I found someone like him."

"But his sometimes is not enough,is it? You need to know that you're worth more than that. Does he know that you cry because of him almost everyday? Does he know that you don't trust him? Does he know that your smiles are fake around him? Does he know that you're hurting-" I am stopped by her voice.

"Can we not do this. Just this once please just this once." I could see she was tired of this conversation,the desperation in her voice was clear.

I looked at her for a second before replying," Yeah, I'm sorry."

" Me too." She said and engulfed me in a hug.

My heart aches for her. She has been through so much in life and then this bitch of a man fucks it up even more for her. She doesn't deserve him. I hope she sees it soon.

Soon Shlok arrived and drove us to Rishi's. The ride to the house was awkward to say the least. You could definitely feel the tension in car. And I don't think Shlok knows about my engagement with Rishi because he kept looking at me in a weird way.