'Angle of Death'

"What book would you like me to read to you?" Mother asked, smiling gently at her son. Her smile was gentle and caring, so was her loving gaze, she was always bright and positive, a loving mother and an even greater queen.

Alexander looked through the bookshelves, looking across the childrens books. He stopped once seeing a new set of books that caught his attention, dark green covers with the title pressed into the spine with gold foil. He grabbed the book, looking at its cover, it had the title 'Angel of Death: the emerald ring' with a little gold raven under it with a ring in its claws.

"That book?" Mother asked as she sat down on his bed, getting comfortable.

Alexander nodded and walked over to his mother, sitting beside her with the book in hand, he gave it to her. "It's a new book I think."

Mother looked at the cover, hesitating as she read the title, Alexander had noticed. 

"Mother?" Alexander looked up at his mother, touching his cheek. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Mother just smiled at him and touched his cheek. "Yeah I'm fine, dear," she said as she opened the book, once again, hesitating as she saw the little picture of the author.

Alexander looked at the picture. It was a man, shoulder length hair, a kind smile, and bright eyes, as far as he could tell from the colourless picture. "Do you know him?"

"No. No I don't," Mother said as she turned the page. "He just looks.. A bit like you."

He turned to look at his mother, head tilted. "He does?" he asked.

Mother smiled, pulling him into a short hug. "Yeah, I think you do. The same shoulder length hair and smile,"she said as she wrapped a hand around him.

Alexander smiled, but he knew his mother was upset for some odd reason he couldn't understand.