Mistake

Alexander entered the room. The doors slammed open, and everyone turned to look at him. He was a sweaty mess, with his long brown hair tangled, his white ruffled shirt dirty and with leaves on it, his blue pants dirty and torn, and his black boots muddy and leaving a trail behind him.

"FATHER!" Alexander shouted, looking at his father. He stormed his way toward him, not caring as the nobles shouted at him.

Father looked up as his son stood in front of him. "Son, what happened to you? You look like a mess. Clean yourself up." 

"Father, I really need to speak to you, alone," Alexander spoke, his eyes pleading, dried tear stains on his dirty cheeks. "Please."

Father nodded. He stood up and turned to the others in the room, excusing himself as he followed his son out of the room.

Alexander turned to look at his father as the doors shut. "Father, I didn't mean f-for this to happen. W-We were just talking and then it happened! I got to go–"

"Slow down, son, I can't understand," Father checked his son, examining his every movement. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I-I don't know, father, but all I know is that I can't stay here," Alexander said frantically, tearing up, brushing his hair with his hand. "I have to leave. Please, I can not stay here. It was an honest mistake. It was the voices, father, it's not my fault."

Father held Alexander's shoulder tightly, looking into his son's scared eyes. "Alexander, tell me what happened. Why do you have to go?"

Alexander started to cry frantically.His father didn't know how to handle him like this. "It's Cy. I-I think he's dead. I killed him," Alexander finally said. 

Father's eyes widened. "What?"

Alexander got out of his father's grip, he got down and bowed. "I had committed a crime that was too unforgettable! As punishment, I shall leave the kingdom and never return!"

"Son–"

"What crime?" the royal adviser asked as he turned the counter, seeing Alexander bowed down on the floor, and the king, standing before him. "My prince, what crime had you commit, if it wasn't that bad, we could probably look pass it?–"

"Murder!" Alexander shouted, still on the ground, not looking up. "I murdered Cy."

Gasps could be heard behind Alexander, the door was opened by one of the nobles, they heard it all. Heard Alexander's confession. And through the gasps of the nobles was a certain lord, Cy's father.

"You have to be lying. Is this some sick joke to you?!" Cy's father shouted as he walked over to Alexander. "First of you cut my son's foot, now you're murdering him!"

The royal adviser stepped in between Cy's father and Alexander. "Lord, we don't know if he's actually died, he's probably still alive–"

"And if he's still alive, he will probably be more seriously injured than he already is! Your majesty, you can't allow your son to walk free with murder!" Cy's father yelled, pointing at Alexander, who slowly got stood up, his head lowered in shame. "If you do, know this kingdom will fall and it will be his fault."

Father glanced at Alexander. He knew better than to mess with the nobles and anger them, but this is his only son, his only child. "There's got to be some other way for him to be punished."

"I give you two options, your majesty," Cy's father stood in front of Father, glaring at him. "Either exile him or death."