Magic

"I cannot believe we are going on tour with Ice Nine Kills and none other than the queen herself, Maria Brink!!" I basically screamed at the three men standing in my giant living room who happened to be my band.

  "For the love of god Jacee..please do not scream around Maria." Mark warned with a small chuckle, covering his ears from my screech. Mark was a very tall, rather handsome man with brown hair and green eyes, very muscular. He is our bassist and provides back up vocals.

  "Don't worry Mark, I promise to keep my composure." Not believing myself, I flipped my long brown hair with blue highlights back and gave him a thumbs up. He did not believe me either. "Yeah, okay." He playfully scoffed and headed towards my kitchen to rummage through my refrigerator. "Dude, we just ate." Coby rolling his eyes, knowing Mark literally never stops eating.

"What time do we need to be on the bus tomorrow?" Our thin, 6ft tall, brown eyed drummer Coby spoke up. "Uh ten, I believe. Right, Jacee?" Keith, our guitarist replied. Keith was our oldest (33), member of the group. He is also tall, thin and lanky and has the most adorable family. We always call him the dad of the band. "Sounds great, I'm sleeping. Goodnight." I turned around swiftly and headed up my grey stairs. The guys crashed at my house so we could have all of our shit together and swiftly get to the bus in the morning. This is so exciting, and a dream come true.

  I can't wait to share so many common interests with both bands. I stared at my tattoo-covered self in my bathroom mirror and took a deep breath. Reaching for my makeup wipe I got ready for bed, feeling like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I walked out of my connected bathroom into thr bedroom and jumped in my bed, covering my self in my black sheets and comforter not hesitating to sleep.

The next morning out of all of the guys, Mark body slams me soft enough to not kill me, but strong enough for me to groan and kick him. "God damnit Mark." I muttered at him, not opening my eyes yet. "Up and at em girly. We have a bus to catch!" He exclaimed. My eyes shot wide open and I checked my phone. 9:00 AM. Good thing we are already packed.

  I practically jumped out of bed, throwing a white tee shirt on with black overalls, and black tennis shoes. We went over our checklists and made sure we had everything we needed. "That's it! Let's go guys!" Keith called from the front door. We filed out of my house and I locked my door behind me, pausing to make sure I gave Sarah, my younger sister a key to the house. I double checked my cross body purse. No key. I sighed of relief knowing Sarah has it. Here we go.

We jumped into Mark's blue 2020 ford focus and headed off to the studio where our new tour bus awaits. Pulling up, the excitement was building in my stomach, touring gives me butterflies. I try to have a life outside of work but it never goes anywhere. This is all I know and that is okay with me. "Hey Jason!" I yelled and waved as soon as I got out of the car to our tour manager. "Hey guys! We ready?" We all nodded and followed him on the bus as he started giving us a tour.

  We have never had a bus like this, only our van. I feel like we are finally living the dream. The bus was beautiful. The shared space was nice and spacious with an L-Shaped couch, a table and a tv stand accompanied by a 50" tv. The kitchen area is small and cute, big enough to prepare food and the bathroom had a decent sized shower, sink and toilet with two cubbies. Enough room to do our business. The bunks were small bunks are comfortable and I immediately claimed a bottom bunk. I was not climbing my ass up top. I roll when I sleep, I always have since I was little. Mark followed suit claiming the top bunk, Keith and Coby arguing who is getting top bunk. "Pick a fucking bunk and shut up." I yelled in a sarcastic tone.

We were finally on the road. Lenny is our bus driver. He is older, probably mid 50s with greying black hair and pretty blue eyes. He is basically a body guard also, twice the size of Mark which is frightening for whoever pisses him off. He is a very sweet man though and I can't wait to get to know him more. "Ready guys and gal?" Lenny asked, completing his own safety check. "Let's fucking go!" Keith shouted, hyping up the other guys.

We had an 8 hour drive so all of us played some card games and had some good laughs. I decided to get ready for this evening because I knew we were meeting a lot of people. I straightened my hair and threw on some black and silver makeup, somewhat like my stage makeup, but very toned down. I wore a black tank top with a skull, black denim shorts with ripped white tights and my black nikes.

    I walked back out to the front room to finish up 500 Days of Summer before we reached our destination. The guys freshened up and we got off the bus. Already 7:00PM we decided not to unload our equipment tonight and just mingle with the other crew and band members. We had all day tomorrow to get ready for the show on Wednesday. I was so focused on meeting Maria, I love In This Moment so much. As I walked off the bus there she was, the goddess herself. The guys gave me a glare and sent a warning to absolutely not go into fan girl mode.

  Too late. I took a deep breath, wanting to make a good impression, and headed to where she was standing.

"You must be Maria." I said calmly with a smile. She examined me for a minute and glanced at the pass around my neck reading my band's name. Magic Marble. "I am indeed." She said with a grin. "And you must be Jacee, I've listened to your band and am impressed. Happy to have you on tour with us." She said excitedly. I was screaming on the inside. My idol listened to my band. "Thank you so much, that means a lot coming from you. You are the one who motivated me and inspired me to get here." I said sheepishly, trying not to sound so fan-ish. "Thank you, that is amazing. I can't wait to get to know you and see what you guys got out there. I'll see you later." We said our goodbyes and I walked over to Mark and he shook his head grinning. "You go girl." He nudged me with his elbow and his arms crossed.

I then found the legend himself, Spencer Charnas of Ice Nine Kills. The king of horror-metalcore I call it. These guys are amazing and Spencer is fucking talented; the whole band really. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Jacee in the flesh." He joked. Spencer and I have met a couple times via facetime discussing tour but never in person. He is a very handsome man, enchanting smile, barely taller than me, brown hair and pretty eyes. He's wearing his brand Kleaver Klothing which is such a sick line. Very nice guy for "killing" people.

  "If it isn't the legend himself." I laughed back at him as we embraced in a hug. "It's really nice to finally meet you face to face." I said happily. "Absolutely." He smiled. We were chatting about tour and horror movies as the rest of Ice Nine Kills walked up to us and introduced themselves.

  "Hi, nice to meet you." Ricky said as I embraced him in a hug, followed by Patrick, Joe and Dan. This was about to be an amazing tour.