Living the Dream

"How the fuck are we feeling tonight, Atlanta!" I yelled into the microphone. The crowd was insane, hundreds of people in a crowded room looking like they are living their best lives. "We are Magic Marble and we are going to warm you up for In This Moment and Ice Nine Kills!" The crowd went wild. "For this next song I want to bring out a very special human to me, and I may have used some of her blood girls.." The crowd roared knowing exactly who I was talking about. Maria Brink was gracing the stage with my band. "It's a dream to be here with you gorgeous fuckers, let's get this party started!" I yelled.

  I feel like I become super woman when I step on the stage. Like Spencer, I never stand still. About eight songs in we had one more. "Thank you guys for coming out tonight, we are Magic Marble and we are going to be hanging around our merch tent for a little bit, come say hi! We have one last song for you guys. Give me all you fucking got!" I was elated, this has been one of my favorite shows. After the song was over we walked backstage and high-five everyone.

    "That was amazing!" Spencer exclaimed. "Thank you very much!" I am so happy everyone else felt the good vibes. "Holy shit Jacee you nailed it!" Keith ran over to me, squeezing me into a hug. I thanked Maria again before running off side stage.

We walked over to our merch tent and started to meet some fans. There were a good amount of people that came over to say hi, new fans and fans that have been following us for a little bit. A dad brought his little girl on his shoulders to meet us. "Hey little cutie!" I exclaimed. I love little kids at concerts almost as much as I love dogs. I talked with the dad and the little girl for a little bit and gave her a free shirt. After the merch tent we walked back to the side stage to watch Ice Nine Kills and even helped out their crew a little bit.

  I want to ask Spencer if I can be a special guest as a stage actor one of these shows, that would be so much fun. After their set they ran off the stage sweaty mess. I really don't understand how they wear suits on stage, I love the vibe but I would pass out. We all stood side stage to watch In This Moment's set and I am always in awe with this woman. Ricky stood next to me and whipped his arm around my shoulder, I didn't mind. "Would um..you want to get lunch with me tomorrow?" I'm sorry, is he trying to ask me out? "Sure."

  Harmless I thought, I was hesitant but it couldn't hurt. We all helped get our equipment back to the bus, we were leaving tonight to go to Ocala, Florida and should be there around lunch time. The guys already knew I was going to be absent from setting up but would be there for soundcheck as I had to be.

I walked back to the bus and started scrolling through facebook to catch up.

43 year old man found in lake in Nashville

I clicked on the article to read more:
43 year old Clark Mato was found in Lake Tims earlier today. Authorities say he was brutally attacked with a large knife, thinking it was a machete, and then thrown in the lake. If you have any information about this case, please call Nashville Police Department.

Holy shit. There's a picture of the man too and it happens to be the guy that I bumped into at the restaurant. Weird fucking coincidence. "Guys, look at this." I called as I was sitting on our tan leather couch. The guys plopped down next to me and looked at my phone. "What the fuck? We just saw that guy!" Keith shouted. "That's crazy." Mark added. "Crazy. I feel bad for the guy. Must of gotten into a fight or something." We shrugged it off and I crawled into bed, thinking about my possible "date" with Ricky.

"Hello Florida!" I yelled walking out from the shower in a swim suit cover up, very much ready to hit the beach today. Ricky insisted we get go to the beach and then get some food. Food and the beach? He may actually know the way to my heart. I made my own coffee today and a bagel with avocado. The guys were at the table shoving Captain Crunch in their mouths, I live with animals. We did not care that it was noon, breakfast food is superior. I returned to my bunk and worked on some lyrics I am always writing and played some guitar.
Ricky: Ready?
Me: Yes sir. Why didn't you just raid my bus and get me?
Ricky: I mean..I can.

As soon as I received that text Ricky swung our bus door open slightly irritating Lenny, and marched down the narrow hallway from the common area to find me in my bunk. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and marched out of the bus while the guys were saying goodbye and laughing. "Where is everyone?" I asked not seeing anyone else around. "I think they are at the beach..but not the one we're going to." He grabbed my hand. "Come on!" He's like a little kid and I liked that. I am not good at letting people in, but this could go somewhere.

  When we arrived at the beach, I took my flip flops off before sinking my toes in the hot sand. We walked a little pathway and then it split in two. One said "Beach" the other one said "Dog Beach" I started walking towards the beach direction. "Where are you going?" Ricky asked me. I was confused. "To..the beach?" I'm lost. "Oh no, we're going this way." His face lit up and pointed to the "Dog Beach" sign. I smiled the cheesiest smile and ran over to him.

  "Race you?" I challenged him. "You're o-" Before he could even finish his thought, I ran as fast as I could. I definitely beat his ass, I'll thank high school track for that. Ricky couldn't slow down and ran into me knocking me down. He landed on top of me but did not move immediately. "Is your head okay?" He asked with concern in his eyes. "Yeah, all good." I replied, not breaking eye contact. He brushed the hair out of my eyes, and then got up. Damn Ricky, making moves already?

  We walked down the beach, looking at and petting as many dogs as we could. We were in heaven. "What's your favorite kind of dog?" I had to think about this one, "Pit bull. Everyone has a misconception about them and they are actually amazing dogs.

  "Yours?" I asked him damn well knowing the answer. "Corgis!" I laughed, expecting that answer. I went to turn around to walk to the car and Ricky gently grabbed my wrist causing me to turn back around. Ricky and I made eye contact again and he seemed nervous. "I like you." He said nervously.

  "I think you're really pretty and a good singer and I like you..." I laughed at his rambling and stepped closer to him waiting for him to initiate the inevitable kiss. He leaned in and put his lips on mine and this is the first time I have ever felt butterflies with anything else but music. It was a soft, rather quick kiss, nothing too serious. "For the record, I like you too." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

  We walked back to the car and were on our way to get food. We decided on this little dive bar down the street. "So, you like me, huh?" Laughing and questioning him at the same time. "I believe I made that very clear." He stated confidently. "I just want to make sure I can focus on this tour as well, I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you ever, I just want to take things slow and play this out first." I was concerned I would lose focus. "You've got it."