Rain - #8

Yeah, Mandela Catalogue content. Yummy

...

"Mark" Said the little girl in a relaxed tone seeing how the water falls. Sarah never liked rainy days, when she would go out it would end in her being soaked and it brought so much insects which she feared or disgusted her. But the thing she hated most was...

"why it always rain on bad days?" The brunette turned to see her little sister, he knew she was sad because their dad hasn't come to their home yet and their mom is too busy with things she has to do in the house so she didn't have time to play with Sarah.

So Mark's duty was at least Sarah smiled a little today.

"Hey... The rain isn't so bad. It doesn't always rain on bad days." The brunette smiled, but he only received a confused glance from the minor.

"But! When something bad happens it always rain! Dad isn't home and mom doesn't pay attention to me. Besides , the other day we didn't find Leslie and it started to rain! Nothing good canes from a rainy day!" The girl say a little angry and started to say all the bad things about the rain, but her brother put a finger in his mouth doing a gesture of silence.

The girl fastly understood and sit when she ended talking.

"Maybe it's because you haven't see too close" Mark say smiling hoping that her sister would understand that the rainy days weren't so bad. You just have to find something positive in them.

"What it's here to see?" Sarah asked not angry but with curiosity for what her brother had to show her. The boy points to what seems to be a rainbow. Sarah was surprised and her eyes sparkle that in a moment Mark confused them for stars.

The girl smiled and see her brother, he had a face that say "I told you" knowing he won the argument but Sarah wasn't gonna let it that easy.

"That's only one thing. Only one thing of bad things! Like I say, I still have my opinion" The girl say faking being angry and crossing her arms, Mark sighed and did a sign with his hand to follow him. The two put their waterproof coats and their rain boots.

The oldest make sure their mother wasn't watching them and grabbed his sister's hand, the two went to the backyard. Mark let go of her hand and decided to step on the rain but her sister grabbed his wrist.

"What are you doing? Later you will catch a cold or a fever" Sarah said slightly worried, she didn't wanted his brother to be sick for a dumb argument. Mark just chuckle "Do you trust me?" The girl hesitate but only nod as an answer.

Mark guide her through the rain, he stopped in the center of their backyard with her and started spinning. Sooner Sarah's frown turned into a smile and the two were laughing.

When the two were dizzy they throw themselves to the floor, without stopping the laughter, they could be both soaked but they enjoyed this moment.

"See? Rainy days aren't that bad. They're only an opportunity to have fun." The brunette say between giggles. Sarah smiled and rodded her eyes accepting in defeat.

"They are but still sunny days are also fun!" Say Sarah trying to win the argument. When a voice interrupt their brotherly moment.

"Mark! Sarah! Lunch is ready" Screamed a feminine voice inside the house. The two siblings decided to enter the house between giggles and shoving.

...

"Mark-k-k-k, O-open the door!" Say the alternate behind the door imitating (or trying to do so) his friend. He was a dumbass for thinking that was his friend, or for going in the night to that house.

It was the second day in this hell and the alternate wasn't going away, it didn't matter how much times he prayed or how much times he asked for help through the phone.

Nobody was there for him.
Nobody would came for him.

He was holding a picture when he was a kid, when things were happy. He was besides his sister, the two in front of a church.

He didn't noticed that it was raining outside or that he started to tear up.

"Maybe Sarah was right" He said to himself, chuckling with the little force he had left.

"It always rain on bad days"