A date - #17

Jack was fixing himself the most decent he could, he had to left the kids with their siblings so he could go to his 'beautiful' reunion with Dave that he had planned for today, it was Valentine's day after all. And everything needed to be perfect, they got married long ago and the purple man was decided to make the orange feel special for this day and that deserves to have merit.

Or well, if it makes the orange feel special.

He adjusts his tie, he looked good (in his point of view), make up his hair until certain 4 years old ran through the room.

"Hey! Little demons go outside to get ready!" Said the orange in a confident tone, the two toddlers giggle and went towards their room, the man sighted, Jason still didn't spoke even if he has four and Janet just could say a few words.

Maybe they just needed time to talk.

He didn't want to think of that and ended preparing himself, he went down and the kids were ready. He grabbed them and hold them, ready to go to the pizzeria.

...

He got to the place were his siblings were, he left the toddlers on Peter's arms and smiled "Well, it's better if I keep going, someone is waiting for me and I don't wanna be late!" The phone sighted "Be careful Jackie" He grabbed the kids' arms and waved with them.

The orange smiled even more and said his goodbye going away where the aubergine but when he got out he saw his purple car in front of him.

"Hey..." Said the purple man smiling the other chuckle and entered the car. They went wherever Dave would get them.

...

The purple man stopped in a fancy restaurant, the other was surprised, Dave looked always like he didn't have money, like a gentleman the one in purple got out of the car and helped the orange to go away (help that was rejected by the way) the two of them entered holding each others hands and for Jack's surprise it wasn't just a restaurant, it had a bar and gambling games.

The orange couldn't help but smile and chuckle, a chuckle that warmed up his inexistent heart. He smiled with him and went to their table near the bar. Dave asked for Vodka and Jack a glass of booze.

"And... Did you have trouble with Peter getting here?" The purple man tried to get some conversation so his nervousness wouldn't notice, the other shaked his head "The truth is that I didn't, he understood we needed our private time and with the kids running it's difficult." He smiled a little showing his missing teeth that the purple man always loved to see.

Sadly the orange noticed that his teeth were showing and shut his mouth forming a smirk.

His drinks were already there and they started drinking like there was not tomorrow, until they decided to test their luck a bit.

This was a bit of a rough round, there was a guy that seemed new to this, a man in his 20s that wore sunglasses and a leather jacket, besides the one in purple and orange. The one that was winning for now was the man in a leather jacket.

Jack knew how to manage these situations, he smiled which make a space of fear but nobody dare to say something, meanwhile Dave was seeing how he could win. He had a queen, 4 diamonds and 3 hearts. Perfect to make a strategy.

But Jack was a step ahead, and throw all his cards, and everyone understood that what they were fearing was a reality: the orange had a complete mallet and won the game.

The two men left disappointed meanwhile the colored couple celebrate, they were spending all the money on drinks.

Or that would be if Dave didn't have a plan of what to do with the money since the start.